“The top four most popular career categories for remote jobs are healthcare, computer/IT, education, and sales, but as this group of companies demonstrates, remote work is compatible across diverse industries,” said Sara Sutton Fell, founder/CEO of Remote.co and FlexJobs.
BOULDER, Colo. (PRWEB) July 16, 2018
To celebrate its third anniversary, Remote.co, the definitive resource for companies, entrepreneurs, and freelancers interested in or already embracing remote work, has highlighted 25 fully virtual companies across different industries that operate without physical headquarters and whose employees all work remotely. Since launching three years ago, Remote.co has grown to include company Q&As from nearly 140 companies and teams, representing over 52,200 remote team members, about how remote businesses thrive in a fully virtual environment.
Nearly 3% of the total U.S. workforce work from home at least half of the time. The average telecommuter is 46 years or older, has at least a bachelor’s degree, and earns a higher median salary than an in-office worker. The average person can save at least $4,600 annually by working remotely.
“The top four most popular career categories for remote jobs are healthcare, computer/IT, education, and sales, but as this group of companies demonstrates, remote work is compatible across diverse industries,” said Sara Sutton Fell, founder/CEO of Remote.co and FlexJobs. “And while fully remote companies are not yet the norm, there is absolutely a growing contingency of companies, both large and small, that are embracing it as a strategic, scalable, sustainable, and smart business model,” Sutton Fell concluded.
Below is a list of 25 fully virtual companies, along with their company size and description. Each company meets the following criteria:
- Has no physical headquarters
- Has at least 25 employees
- Everyone works remotely 100% of the time
- Represents diverse industries, such as administrative, computer & IT, finance, HR, marketing, nonprofit, education, and travel
- Hires for a variety of remote positions, such as customer success manager, head of people, and platform engineer
Job seekers interested in these companies’ hiring processes can also consult Remote.co’s Hiring Remotely section for information on the best traits of remote worker candidates, what to expect in a remote job interview, and how onboarding works in a virtual environment.
1. Aha! (51-100 employees) - the world’s number one product roadmap software.
2. AirTreks International (25-50 employees) - helps people travel the world by providing travel planning services for multi-stop international airfare.
3. Articulate, Inc. (101-300 employees) - makes the world’s best online training software.
4. BELAY (51-100 employees) - provides virtual staffing solutions for small businesses.
6. Buffer (51-100 employees) - an intuitive, streamlined social media management platform.
7. Chargify (25-50 employees) - billing software helps companies that collect recurring revenue simplify their subscription management and recurring billing.
8. Collage.com (25-50 employees) - makes custom products easy for anyone to create.
9. Crossover (51-100 employees) - sources, tests, and creates remote teams for clients.
10. Greenback Expat Tax Services (25-50 employees) - specializes in the preparation of U.S. expat tax returns for Americans living overseas.
11. Jackson River (25-50 employees) - builds software for nonprofits.
12. Jungle Scout (25-50 employees) - provides tools to help Amazon sellers launch, grow, and scale their businesses.
13. LiquidSpace (25-50 employees) - the largest real-time network for renting on-demand office space.
14. Lullabot (51-100 employees) - designs and builds websites.
15. MomsRising (25-50 employees) - takes on critical issues facing women, mothers, and families by educating the public and mobilizing massive grassroots actions.
16. NodeSource (25-50 employees) - a software company focused on providing Fortune 500 companies with enterprise-level support, expertise, and tooling.
17. OnTheGoSystems (51-100 employees) - creates custom WordPress plugins to enhance the lives of the WordPress community.
18. Scrapinghub (101-300 employees) - helps people and companies get data and information from the web.
19. Simple [A] (25-50 employees) - works on giant, content-heavy websites, mobile applications, and enterprise technology.
20. SoftwareMill (25-50 employees) - a software house and consultancy that develops customised IT systems.
21. Time Doctor (51-100 employees) - offers software that gives you X-ray vision into your remote team’s productivity.
22. Toptal (301+ employees) - connects thousands of senior developers from around the world.
23. WAKA Kickball & Social Sports (101-300 employees) - the largest social sport organization in the country.
24. World Wide Web Hosting (101-300 employees) - an international leader in affordable Web hosting solutions.
25. X-Team (25-50 employees) - provides developers you can trust, whenever you need them.
For more information, please visit https://remote.co/virtual-companies-without-headquarters/ or contact Kathy Gardner at kgardner(at)flexjobs.com.
Remote.co is the definitive remote work resource. Designed specifically for professionals and companies interested in or already embracing remote work, Remote.co is the leading space for innovative conversations around remote work.