“The new chronicdisease.org reflects our long history of programmatic success, our deep bench of expertise, and our continued commitment to supporting our Members’ work on the ground and online for the next 30 years," said NACDD CEO John Robitscher.
ATLANTA (PRWEB) October 18, 2018
National Association of Chronic Disease Directors CEO John W. Robitscher, MPH kicked off the Association’s year-long celebration of its 30th anniversary today with the launch of the Association’s new digital home at chronicdisease.org. Developed during the course of a year and leveraging Member feedback, the new website offers state, tribal, and territorial chronic disease program staff targeted resources, practical guidance, and tools as well as networking and thought-leadership opportunities.
New features include:
- Detailed information about NACDD programs and councils in autoimmune disease, biomarkers, cancer, cardiovascular health, diabetes, health equity, health promotion, healthy aging, healthy communities, oral health, and the Pacific Chronic Disease Council.
- Opportunities to read our database of hundreds of Member and partner-submitted success stories on chronic disease programs and activities.
- A comprehensive Learning Center where Members can evaluate their competencies, strengthen their current skill sets, become better leaders, and apply to receive technical assistance for their programs.
- An enhanced Advocacy section providing previous NACDDD congressional testimony and sign-on letters, white papers, and tools to support Members’ advocacy work.
- Also available for the first time is NACDD’s Publications Library, a carefully curated selection of the most recent and relevant Association and partner documents covering our areas of focus.
The site continues to house other popular content, such as the most comprehensive listing of chronic disease training events available on the web as well as opportunities for Members to create their own online profiles to network in a secured space with those of similar interests.
NACDD’s site map can provide a quick reference for navigating the new space.
“Since we began in 1988, the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors has grown into a model public health organization and become the go-to resource for state and territorial work in chronic disease prevention and control,” said Robitscher. “The new chronicdisease.org reflects our long history of programmatic success, our deep bench of expertise, and our continued commitment to supporting our Members’ work on the ground and online for the next 30 years.”
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors
Promoting Health. Preventing Disease.
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) and its more than 7,000 members seek to strengthen state-based leadership and expertise for chronic disease prevention and control in states and nationally. Established in 1988, in partnership with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the NACDD is the only membership association of its kind to serve and represent every chronic disease division in all states and U.S. territories. For more information, visit chronicdisease.org.
CONTACT: Paige Rohe, prohe(at)chronicdisease.org, 404-924-8295