BETHESDA, Md. (PRWEB) November 06, 2020
The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) installed its 2020–2021 International Board of Directors during the virtual 2020 ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo, revealing a slate of strategic leaders who represent a variety of pharmaceutical industry sectors. The Board is responsible for the governance and strategic direction of the Society.
The following pharmaceutical industry leaders have been elected to the 2020–2021 ISPE International Board of Directors:
- Chair: Joanne Barrick, RPh, Advisor, Global Validation, Eli Lilly and Company
- Vice Chair: Jörg Zimmermann, Vice President, Vetter Development Service, External Affairs, Vetter Pharma Fertigung GmbH&Co KG
- Treasurer: Michael Rutherford, Executive Director, Computer Systems Quality & Data Integrity, Syneos Health
- Secretary: Scott Billman, Global Head of Engineering, Biogen
- Past Chair: Frances Zipp, President & CEO, Lachman Consultant Services, Inc.
Directors Elected to a Second Term:
- Vivianne Arencibia, Independent Consultant, Arencibia Quality Compliance Associates
- Chris Chen, PhD, CEO, WuXi Biologics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Nina Cauchon, PhD, Director Regulatory Affairs - CMC, Amgen Inc.
- David Doleski, Compliance Head for Biologics Quality Operations, Sanofi (Appointed Director)
- Teresa Minero, Founder & CEO, LifeBee - Digitalizing Life Sciences
- Hirofumi Suzuki, PhD, Senior Regulatory CMC Adviser, Bayer Yakuhin Ltd
Continuing Board Members:
In addition to those named above, the following Directors were elected in 2019 to serve a two-year term and will continue their service on the Board:
- Ylva Ek, Chief Quality Officer (CQO), KeyPlants AB
- Lou Kennedy, CEO and Owner, Nephron Pharmaceuticals
- Stephen Mahoney, JD, Senior Director, Global Quality & Compliance, Genentech, A Member of the Roche Group
- Alice Redmond, PhD, Vice President, European Operations, CAI
Young Professionals Representative (Ex Officio):
- John Clarke, Operations Lead, Pfizer
Explore the ISPE Board of Directors webpage for complete biographical information on all of ISPE's International Board.
The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) is a not-for-profit association serving its Members through leading scientific, technical, and regulatory advancement across the entire pharmaceutical lifecycle. The 18,000 Members of ISPE are building solutions in the development and manufacture of safe, effective pharmaceutical and biologic medicines, and medical delivery devices in more than 90 countries around the world. Founded in 1980, ISPE has its worldwide headquarters and training center in North Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and its operations center in Tampa, Florida, USA. Visit ISPE.org for more information.
For more information, contact:
Marketing Communications Manager
International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE)