Veterans and military families should think about what follows their service when they put on the uniform since decisions while serving will impact their future lives. This book was written to ensure they’re aware of the challenges and are able to begin planning early in their careers.
CINCINNATI (PRWEB) November 11, 2021
The transition back into civilian life can be difficult for military members. To assist, MilitaryTransition.org developed a guidebook to help service members and their families understand and navigate their future transitions. Together with USAA (United Services Automobile Association) and USO (United Service Organizations | uso.org/transitions), they will deliver the guidebook starting this Veterans Day to help show their support for the military community.
Author and Air Force veteran, Brian Niswander, says, “Veterans and military families should think about what follows their service when they put on the uniform since decisions while serving will impact their future lives. This book was written to ensure they’re aware of the challenges and are able to begin planning early in their careers.”
The 20-page book titled “Truths about the Military Transition” provides lessons from two-decades of research across the military and veteran communities. Key lessons or transition truths include:
- Every service member will transition
- You are responsible for your own transition
- The process can be stressful and confusing
- Understanding and preparation are essential
- Everyone has a different experience
- The best lessons come from those with experience
- Some veterans aren’t ready
- Most hiring managers aren’t veterans
- Compensation is different outside of the military
- Patience and persistence are required
The book will be available online for download at military-transition.org/ebooks and at select USO transition facilities later this month. Military members, veterans and families can also request a copy via mail by visiting military-transition.org/freebook.