WASHINGTON (PRWEB) May 10, 2021
The United States Mint (Mint) will accept orders for rolls and bags of 2021 Kennedy Half Dollar coins beginning on May 11 at noon EDT. Available product options include the following:
- PRODUCT CODE: 21KA; PRODUCT OPTION: 200-Coin Bag; MINTMARK: P and D; PRICE: $147.00
- PRODUCT CODE: 21KB; PRODUCT OPTION: Two-Roll Set; MINTMARK: P and D; PRICE: $34.50
Both product options contain circulating finish coins that have never been placed in circulation. The coin rolls are wrapped in United States Mint paper coin wrap marked with a “P” or “D” for the mint of origin and “$10” for the face value. The bags are marked with a “P” and “D” for the mint of origin and “$100” for the face value of the contents.
The Mint launched the Kennedy Half Dollar coin in 1964 following the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963. The coin’s obverse (heads) features the original 1964 design of President Kennedy with the inscriptions “LIBERTY,” “IN GOD WE TRUST,” and “2021.” The reverse (tails) design is based on the Presidential Coat of Arms. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,””E PLURIBUS UNUM,” and “HALF DOLLAR.”
To set up REMIND ME alerts for the Kennedy Half Dollar products, visit:
- 200-Coin Bag (product code 21KA) - https://catalog.usmint.gov/kennedy-2021-half-dollar-200-coin-bag-21KA.html?
- Two-Roll Set (product code 21KB) - https://catalog.usmint.gov/kennedy-2021-half-dollar-2-roll-set-21KB.html?
The Kennedy Half Dollar bags and rolls are also available for purchase through the Mint’s Product Enrollment Program. To learn more, visit catalog.usmint.gov/shop/product-enrollments/.
About the United States Mint
Congress created the United States Mint in 1792, and the Mint became part of the Department of the Treasury in 1873. As the Nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage, the Mint is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; silver and bronze medals; and silver and gold bullion coins. Its numismatic programs are self-sustaining and operate at no cost to taxpayers.
Note: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, the United States Mint will not accept and will not honor orders placed prior to the official on-sale date of May 11, 2021, at noon ET.
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/about for information about the United States Mint.
- Visit https://www.catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/shipping.html for information about shipping options.
- Visit https://catalog.usmint.gov/email-signup to subscribe to United States Mint electronic product notifications, news releases, and public statements.
- Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
# # #
United States Mint – Connecting America through Coins