Having worked for more than 30 years on the design, engineering, and operation of these hyperscale facilities, I believe the team that Layer 9 has assembled, both in the U.S. and Mexico, is uniquely suited to deliver the capacity these companies need.
PHOENIX (PRWEB) November 17, 2022
Layer 9 Data Centers, a data center solutions provider focused on delivering hyperscale capacity to the Latin American market, announced that the company has added a number of highly seasoned leaders to its Board of Directors and advisory board including Scott Davis, Gerry Jepson, Fernando Limon, Chris Altomare, and Nabeel Mahmood.
“Each member of our board brings more than 25 years of experience delivering scale data center solutions to global enterprises and the large CSPs,” said Michael Ortiz, CEO of Layer 9 Data Centers. “With this diverse collection of talent, and their experience working through some of the biggest challenges our industry has faced, both here in the U.S. and abroad, we believe Layer 9 is well-positioned for success and focused on the future.”
Layer 9 Data Centers’ Board of Directors and Advisors will comprise of:
- Scott Davis, the former Chief Technology Officer and Executive Vice President of DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT) (2006-2018), which was acquired by Digital Realty Trust in 2017 for $8 Billion;
- Gerry Jepson, a former Managing Partner of CPG, a data center services firm based in Ashburn Virginia that has delivered more than 2,000MW of capacity to the Fortune 500;
- Fernando Limon, CEO of LBS Power, a supplier of critical power infrastructure to large commercial and industrial firms across the U.S. and Mexico;
- Chris Altomare, President of Network Environments, a company that designs and builds customized prefabricated data center solutions to serve hyperscale operators, cloud, mobile compute, edge, and colocation providers worldwide; and
- Nabeel Mahmood, a strategic advisor to the C-suite on technology innovation and trends including data centers, who serves on multiple boards of private and publicly traded companies including United Security Bank, SCB Global, and Critical Ventures.
“The Latin American market is growing rapidly and the CSPs are making large investments in markets like Mexico and Brazil,” said Scott Davis. “Having worked for more than 30 years on the design, engineering, and operation of these hyperscale facilities, I believe the team that Layer 9 has assembled, both in the U.S. and Mexico, is uniquely suited to deliver the capacity these companies need.”
“We have a truly borderless Board,” said Alejandro Cantu, COO of Layer 9 Data Centers. “With the deep international expertise this team brings, we can confidently deliver scale capacity anywhere in the world.”
Layer 9 Data Centers recently held a groundbreaking ceremony for its new 96MW data center in Bajio, Mexico and earlier this year secured a Power Purchase Agreement with access to no less to 100 MW of power, with exclusivity rights and secured options to acquire additional land and power in a second region of Mexico near Monterrey. Layer 9 plans to use this first phase of development in Bajio to springboard the company’s plans for expansion into other Latin American markets and EMEA.
About Layer 9 Data Centers
Layer 9 Data Centers is a data center solutions provider whose leadership team has over 50 years of experience in Mexico and the U.S. With expertise in commercial real estate, data center portfolio management, and solution delivery for some of the largest hyperscale and wholesale data center operators, including DuPont Fabros, Digital Realty Trust, Equinix, and Microsoft, the team at Layer 9 Data Centers is proven and trusted. To learn more, please visit l9datacenters.com