PHOENIX (PRWEB) April 08, 2022
ArizonaCIO announced the winners of its 2022 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. ArizonaCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Leadership, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Corporate, Public Sector, & Healthcare. The Awards were presented at the ArizonaCIO of the Year ORBIE Awards at The Camby Hotel.
“Every organization is technology-dependent, but strong leadership is the X-factor that drives innovation, motivates teams and is the strategic differentiator for success,” said Mike Goodwin, ArizonaCIO Chair. “The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers – CIOs who understand the challenges of technology leadership.”
The 2022 ArizonaCIO ORBIE Award winners are:
- Steve Reese, CIO, Phoenix Suns received the Leadership ORBIE.
- Mike Shanko, SVP & CIO, Blue Yonder received the Global ORBIE for organizations & multi-national operations.
- Anthony DeCanti, SVP & CIO, Republic Services, Inc. received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue.
- Charles Ingram, EVP & Chief Technology and Product Officer, MetaBank received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $300 million annual revenue.
- David Atrostic, CIO, CCMC (Capital Consultants Management Corporation) received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations over $300 million annual revenue.
- Dr. Mark Koan, Vice Chancellor & CIO, Maricopa Community Colleges received the Public Sector ORBIE for organizations in state & local government and other nonprofit organizations.
- Kelly Summers, SVP & CIO, Valleywise Health received the Healthcare ORBIE for hospitals & healthcare organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 500 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The ArizonaCIO ORBIE Awards keynote was delivered by Steve Reese, CIO of the Phoenix Suns. About 400 guests attended, representing leading Arizona organizations and their technology partners.
The 2022 ArizonaCIO ORBIE Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Allata, Expedient, Google Cloud, Lumen, & Snowflake
- Gold sponsors: Cloudflare, ER2, Fortinet, Kyndryl, & Zscaler
- Silver sponsors: AHEAD, Aviatrix, CDW, COX Business, Deloitte, Dynatrace, MST Solutions, & Palo Alto Networks
- Bronze sponsors: Between Pixels, BlueYonder, Deepwatch, Dell Technologies, Delphix, GuidePoint Security, HireRising, HyeTech Networks, Imagine Technology Group, Nutanix, Slack, Slalom, Streams Solutions, & World Wide Technology
- Media partner: Phoenix Business Journal
- National partner: Year Up
ArizonaCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Arizona chief information officers. ArizonaCIO is one of 25 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
ArizonaCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.
- Achieve your leadership potential through ArizonaCIO: http://www.ArizonaCIO.org
- Stay connected with ArizonaCIO at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/ArizonaCIO