HOUSTON (PRWEB) April 14, 2023
HoustonCIO announced the winners of its 2023 ORBIE® Awards. HoustonCIO recognized chief information officers & chief information security officers in eight key categories – Leadership, Super Global, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Large Corporate, Corporate, and for the first time ever, CISO. The Awards were presented at the Houston ORBIE Awards at the Marriott Marquis Houston.
“Member-led, non-commercial programs like the ORBIE Awards, build meaningful professional relationships with colleagues facing similar challenges, solving problems and avoiding pitfalls,” said Kristy Simonette, HoustonCIO Chair. “Successful leaders understand the ‘superpower’ of trusted relationships. In any gathering of technology leaders, the answer is in the room.”
The 2023 Houston ORBIE Award winners are:
- Myra Davis, Chief Information Innovation Officer, Texas Children’s Hospital received the Leadership ORBIE.
- Naveen Pandrangi, VP & CIO, Phillips 66 received the Super Global ORBIE for organizations over $6 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Wesley Story, SVP & CIO, Genesys received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $700 million annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Umar Farooq, VP IT, NexTier received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $2.5 billion annual revenue.
- Robyn Doughtie, Director of Information & CIO, Fort Bend County Information Technology received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $800 million annual revenue.
- Jason Lu, CIO & CTO, CSAT Solutions, LP received the Large Corporate ORBIE for organizations over $300 million annual revenue.
- Aldrich Varilla, Managing Director Information Technology, Odfjell Terminals received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $300 million annual revenue.
- Teresa Tonthat, VP of Information Services & CISO, Texas Children’s Hospital received the CISO ORBIE for Chief Information Security Officers.
The ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 500 technology leaders have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers & chief information security officers who have demonstrated excellence in leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The Houston ORBIE Awards keynote was delivered by Michelle Stansbury, VP Innovation & IT Applications of Houston Methodist. Over 350 guests attended, representing leading Houston organizations and their technology partners.
The 2023 Houston ORBIE Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- HoustonCIO Underwriters: Athenian Consulting Group, BlueSky It Partners, Google Cloud, Lumen & Pariveda
- HoustonCISO Underwriters: BlueSky IT Partners & Fortinet
- Gold sponsors: David Nix Associates, EAG, SHI
- Silver sponsors: BlackBerry, Comcast Business, ePlus, EverestDX, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Island, Okta, Palo Alto Networks, SHI, Snowflake, Tata Consultancy Services, Zscaler
- Bronze sponsors: Appian & Tech Mahindra, Between Pixels, CDW, Cisco, Deloitte, F5, LTIMindtree, Netsync, Perficient, Protiviti, QADworks & ServiceNow
- Media partner: Houston Business Journal
HoustonCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Houston chief information officers. HoustonCIO is one of over 30 chapters of the Inspire Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
HoustonCISO will be one of the first CISO chapters in the Inspire Leadership Network—bringing the same member-led, non-commercial approach which has attracted over 1,000 CIO members in over 30 chapters to the CISO community.
- Achieve your leadership potential through HoustonCIO: http://www.HoustonCIO.org
- Don’t miss the opportunity to become a founding member of HoustonCISO: https://houstonciso.org/
- Stay connected with HoustonCIO at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/HoustonCIO