HERNDON, Va. (PRWEB) October 24, 2018
The 2018 Capital Cybersecurity Summit will feature outstanding and informative content from the keynote speakers and panelists who will offer unique insights on emerging cybersecurity technologies, digital solutions, operations and enforcement from the private sector, government and academic perspectives.
- Steve Grobman, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, McAfee
- Mark McLaughlin, Vice Chairman, Palo Alto Networks
- Amit Yoran, Chairman and CEO, Tenable
- Dr. John Zangardi, Chief Information Officer, U.S. Department of Homeland Security (invited)
Confirmed Panelists and Moderators:
Impact of New Technologies on the Cybersecurity Mission
- Will Ackerly, Co-Founder and CTO, Virtru
- Susie Adams, CTO, Microsoft Federal
- Jason Crabtree, CEO, Fractal Industries
- John Everett, Deputy Director, Innovation Information Office, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Josh Stella, Co-Founder and CTO, Fugue
- Tom Knox, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP (moderator)
Tech Talent Innovations for Today and Tomorrow
- Kenneth Ball, Dean, Volgenau School of Engineering, George Mason University
- John Czupak, President and CEO, ThreatQuotient
- Denise Peppard, Corporate Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Dr. Scott Ralls, President, Northern Virginia Community College (moderator)
What Keeps CISOs Up at Night
- Devon Bryan, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, Federal Reserve System
- Amy Howland, CISO, Perspecta
- Randy Miskanic, Vice President of Enterprise Operational Resilience, Freddie Mac
- Rick Howard, CISO, Palo Alto Networks (moderator)
Threat Information: Challenges, Opportunities and Actions
- Jonathan Bransky, Senior Enterprise Security Advisor, Dominion Energy
- John Cassidy, Founder and CEO, King & Union
- Gary Gagnon, Senior Vice President, Chief Security Officer and Corporate Director of Cybersecurity, MITRE Corporation
- Mark Shaw, Senior Executive Director, Cyber Solutions, Mission, Cyber, & Intelligence Solutions Group, ManTech
- Shamlan Siddiqi, Chief Technology Officer, Public Sector, NTT DATA, Inc.
- Howard Marshall, Director, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Accenture Security (moderator)
The Summit will also include a technology showcase at which cybersecurity companies from the Greater Washington region will display their products and services to potential customers, partners, investors and employees.
The Capital Cybersecurity Summit will provide tremendous business development and educational value for any organization concerned with staying ahead of cybersecurity threats and protecting their digital assets. View the complete Summit agenda here.
DATE: November 13, 2018
TIME: 7:00 am – 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
1700 Tysons Blvd
McLean, VA 22102
REGISTRATION: To register as a member of the press, please contact Allison Gilmore at 703-904-7878, ext. 287 or email agilmore(at)nvtc(dot)org.
The event is free for press, but advanced registration is required. Press credentials are required for entry.
# # #
The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) is the membership and trade association for the technology community in Northern Virginia. As the largest technology council in the nation, NVTC serves about 1,000 companies from all sectors of the technology industry, as well as service providers, universities, foreign embassies, nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies. Through its member companies, NVTC represents about 300,000 employees in the region. NVTC is recognized as the nation's leader in providing its technology community with networking and educational events; specialized services and benefits; public policy advocacy; branding of its region as a major global technology center; initiatives in targeted business sectors and in the international, entrepreneurship, workforce and education arenas; and the NVTC Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity that supports the NVTC Veterans Employment Initiative and other priorities within Virginia's technology community. Visit NVTC at http://www.nvtc.org.