“Senior leaders in these organizations understand the critical strategic role learning has, and they are committed to investing in the growth and development of their people.”
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (PRWEB) October 04, 2018
The Association for Talent Development (ATD) honored 45 organizations from Australia, Canada, China, India, Korea, Russia, Taiwan, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and the United States as winners in the 2018 BEST Awards. Tofaş Tűrk Otomobil Fabriakası, headquartered in Turkey won the first-place ranking. TELUS and Wipro Limited received ATD’s Best of the BEST Award, which goes to organizations that have won the BEST Award 10 or more times. Companies were recognized during a ceremony held at the MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland on October 3, 2018.
“These 45 organizations are driving impact and solving business challenges through talent development practices, and they are doing it in innovative ways,” said Tony Bingham, ATD president and CEO. “Senior leaders in these organizations understand the critical strategic role learning has, and they are committed to investing in the growth and development of their people.”
ATD’s BEST Award is the talent development industry’s most rigorous and coveted recognition. The global program recognizes organizations that demonstrate enterprise-wide success through talent development.
The 2018 BEST Award winners shared their winning strategies at the Learn From the BEST conference preceding the ceremony and are profiled in a special section of the October issue of TD, ATD’s flagship magazine.
ATD received entries from 170 organizations representing 12 countries. These organizations submitted quantitative and qualitative information to ATD about their talent development practices and programs. Applications were assessed in a rigorous blind review by members of the BEST Awards advisory committee comprising a group of experts in the field.
The 2018 BEST Award winners:
Best of the BEST:
13-Year Winner: TELUS, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
12-Year Winner: Wipro Limited, Bangalore, India
1. Tofaş Tűrk Otomobil Fabriakası, A.Ş., Istanbul, Turkey
2. Tata Consultancy Services, Mumbai, India
3. IBM, Armonk, New York
4. Verizon, New York, New York
5. Apple Federal Credit Union, Fairfax, Virginia
6. Summit Credit Union, Madison, Wisconsin
7. Lupin Limited, Mumbai, India
8. Consumers Energy, Jackson, Michigan
9. Florida Blue, Jacksonville, Florida
10. Rapid7, Boston, Massachusetts
11. Tanfeeth LLC, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
12. Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, Miami, Florida
13. Haier Group, Qingdao, China
14. ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company, Mumbai, India
15. Honor Credit Union, Berrien Springs, Michigan
16. LoyaltyOne, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
17. JPS Health Network, Fort Worth, Texas
18. Aristocrat, North Ryde, Australia
19. NTPC Limited, New Delhi, India
20. Booz Allen Hamilton, McLean, Virginia
21. United Services Automobile Association (USAA), San Antonio, Texas
22. Allianz Sigorta, A.Ş., Istanbul, Turkey
23. Busey, Champaign, Illinois
24. Hitachi Vantara, Santa Clara, California
25. Cathay Life Insurance Company Ltd., Taipei, Taiwan
26. Atrium Health, Charlotte, North Carolina
27. Samsung Electronics, Suwon, South Korea
28. Valvoline Instant Oil Change, Lexington, Kentucky
29. Larsen & Toubro Heavy Civil Infrastructure Company, Chennai, India
30. WakeMed Health and Hospitals, Raleigh, North Carolina
31. North Highland, Atlanta, Georgia
32. Gilbane Building Company, Providence, Rhode Island
33. First Hawaiian Bank, Honolulu, Hawaii
34. Cochlear, Sydney, Australia
35. Cognizant, Teaneck, New Jersey
36. Aimco, Denver, Colorado
37. Peabody, St. Louis, Missouri
38. MGM China, Macao S.A.R.
39. Black Knight Inc., Jacksonville, Florida
40. CLA, North America
41. H.W. Kaufman Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan
42. U.S. Security Associates Inc., Roswell, Georgia
43. EY (CIS), Moscow, Russia
Sixteen companies on this list have been BEST Award winners for three years or more:
Booz Allen Hamilton, Cognizant, Florida Blue, Hitachi Vantara, IBM, ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd., Lupin Limited, Summit Credit Union, Tata Consultancy Services, TELUS, United Services Automobile Association (USAA), U.S. Security Associates, Valvoline Instant Oil Change, Verizon, WakeMed Health and Hospitals, and Wipro Limited.
More information about the 2018 BEST Award winners may be found in the October 2018 issue of TD magazine. Details about the 2019 program will be available in January 2019.
ATD thanks program sponsor GP Strategies for supporting excellence in talent development.
The Association for Talent Development (ATD) is the world’s largest professional membership organization supporting those who develop the knowledge and skills of employees, improve performance, and help to achieve results for the organizations they serve. Originally established in 1943, the association was previously known as the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD). ATD’s members come from more than 120 countries and work in public and private organizations in every industry sector. ATD supports talent development professionals who gather locally in volunteer-led U.S. chapters and international member networks, and with international strategic partners. For more information, visit http://www.td.org.