LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) April 26, 2019
Strategic Directions International's (SDi) flagship market research study "2019 Global Assessment Report: The Laboratory Analytical & Life Science Instrumentation Industry," provides detailed information on 81 different product categories is presented in 10 sections that include chromatography, life science instrumentation, mass spectrometry, molecular spectroscopy, atomic spectroscopy, surface science, materials characterization, lab automation, general analytical techniques, and lab equipment.
As part of that reporting, analysts at SDi noted the following five trends:
1. A Vast and Varied Market: There are hundreds of types of instruments used in labs. Among the markets identified and calculated in SDi's report: Chromatography (such as Analytical HPLC, Gas Chromatography, Ion Chromatography and others), mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF, Quadrupole LC/MS and Ion Trap LC/MS among others), DNA Sequencing, PCR, Microarrays, Flow Cytometry, Electrophoresis, Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy, as well as Materials Characterization, Microscopy, Other Lab Automation, Equipment and Software such as LIMS, ELN, & SDMS. These represent just a portion of laboratory instrumentation markets.
2. Significant Market Size: The Market for Analytical and Life Sciences Laboratory Instrumentation Exceeds $60 Billion Dollars.
3. Nearly One-Third of the Market is in Asia: Fueled by new lab construction and purchases in emerging Asian markets, lab instrumentation is finding a significant market in China, Japan, Australia, and other Asian Pacific Nations.
4. Pharmaceutical and Biotech Applications Dominate Sales, But Other Sectors Contribute: 31% of the market is for sold for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical applications. This category continues to grow throughout recent editions of the firm's yearly report. Chemicals and food applications are also strong supporters of the market.
5. More than a thousand suppliers participate in the instrument market, but roughly 75% of the revenues can be attributed to the top fifty companies, outlined in the report. Thus, the market is very diverse, with many small innovative companies competing alongside a smaller set of multibillion dollar established industry giants.
The Global Assessment 2019 is available at: https://strategic-directions.com/global-assessment-report-2/
Strategic Directions International (SDi), part of Science and Medicine Group, is the leading business intelligence firm in the highly specialized field of analytical and life science instruments. Its client list includes virtually every major analytical instrumentation company throughout the world. Founded in 1981, the Los Angeles-based company has published hundreds of market reports and provided proprietary market research and advisory services for a multitude of clients. Its yearly Global Assessment Report offers coverage of over 80 instrumentation areas. The report helps users determine the relative market share of leading vendors in 81 different instrument and instrument technique market categories, and it projects the growth of the market and each segment from 2018-2023. The report has been called the gold standard and is used by top firms in lab instrumentation to make business decisions.