DALLAS (PRWEB) April 27, 2021
DALLAS – April 27, 2021 – D Magazine selected six shareholders in the Dallas office of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP as 2021 “Best Lawyers in Dallas.” The list recognizes the top lawyers in Dallas as chosen by their peers. Lou Ann Brunenn made her debut on the list this year. Additionally, Labry Welty has been named by D Magazine as a “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for the eighth time.
Greenberg Traurig Dallas attorneys selected for 2021 include:
- Todd Basile, Intellectual Property - Basile helps technology companies protect and commercialize their innovations across a wide range of industries including software, robotics, autonomous vehicles, medical devices, and aerospace. His practice offers a full suite of IP-related legal services including patents, technology transactions and licensing, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and freedom to operate assessments, and software development & licensing.
- Lou Ann Brunenn, Banking & Finance - Brunenn represents financial institutions, private equity sponsors and public and private corporate borrowers in complex financing transactions. She frequently represents lead arrangers and agents in a wide variety of syndicated transactions, including cash flow and asset-based facilities, domestic and cross-border financings, and acquisition financings. Her finance practice ranges from middle-market club deals to multibillion-dollar widely syndicated transactions.
- Karl G. Dial, Business/Commercial Litigation - Dial is a board certified civil trial specialist and CPA with 37 years’ experience trying complex civil cases. He focuses his practice on commercial litigation, including bet-the-company cases involving claims against directors and officers, professional malpractice, securities litigation, trade secrets, energy litigation, intellectual property litigation, and class actions.
- Joseph P. Griffith, Business/Commercial Litigation - Griffith is a shareholder in the Dallas office of Greenberg Traurig, LLP. As an accomplished litigator, Griffith has experience in a wide range of health care, product liability, business litigation and complex commercial disputes. His trial practice is national, extending to both federal and state courts across the country.
- Robert Long, Securities Litigation & Enforcement - Long previously served as a senior attorney at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, and as a federal prosecutor with the U.S. Department of Justice. Long defends clients in government investigations and prosecutions, spearheads special investigations, and advises financial services firms and market participants on regulatory, compliance, and cryptocurrency matters.
- Labry Welty, Tax: General - Welty focuses his practice on real estate, renewable energy, oil and gas, and corporate joint ventures and transactions. He regularly structures, drafts, and negotiates complex joint ventures throughout the United States and has experience advising clients on tax efficient structuring of real estate and renewable energy transactions and corporate mergers and acquisitions.
“We are very proud to have these shareholders nominated by their peers in the Dallas legal community, and honored by D Magazine for their work,” said Joseph F. Coniglio, managing shareholder of Greenberg Traurig’s Dallas office. “These attorneys are all exceptional legal minds, and this award is a representation of their longstanding commitment to their respective legal fields in our Dallas community and beyond.”
According to D Magazine, the publication reviewed nominations from active members of the Texas Bar across all practice areas to compile the annual list. Participating attorneys were asked: “Which of these Dallas lawyers, whose work you have witnessed firsthand, would you rank among the current best?” Finalists were then selected by an independent panel of lawyers and D Magazine editorial staff.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP – Texas: Texas is important to Greenberg Traurig, LLP and part of its history. With approximately 130 Texas lawyers in Austin, Dallas, and Houston, Greenberg Traurig has deep roots in the Texas business, legal, and governmental communities. Greenberg Traurig Texas works with clients to address their interdisciplinary legal needs across the state utilizing the firm’s global platform. The Texas attorneys are experienced in industries key to the state’s future, including: aviation, chemicals, construction, education, energy and natural resources, financial institutions, health care, hedge funds, hospitality, infrastructure, insurance, media, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, real estate, retail, sports, technology and software, telecommunications, transportation, and video games and esports.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2200 attorneys in 40 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. The firm is net carbon neutral with respect to its office energy usage and Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certified. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com