The cloud infrastructure is ready,. What clients will need is a way to help them organizationally make the transition, as well as a cybersecurity approach that covers gaps.
IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) November 16, 2020
Before COVID-19, the cloud was already emerging as an essential IT service business need. But with the number of employees permanently working remotely around the globe set to double in 2021, from 16.4% to 34.4%,(1) the future of business appears to rest solidly on a hybrid model of on-site and cloud computing access. “A hybrid solution that allows workers to freely transition from on-site work to remote work is the future,” says Mike McLaughlin, CIO and Vice President of Professional Services for Technologent, a global IT solutions provider. “It must be scalable, flexible and secure, and those CTOs and IT Departments who don’t embrace this will be at a tremendous disadvantage.”
A hybrid cloud solution model combines some mix of a private cloud platform with a public cloud and/or an on-site infrastructure.(2) Remote work was on the rise even before the pandemic, and it has been shown that employee satisfaction and productivity both increase when remote work is properly supported.(3) Proper implementation requires optimal data security and access, as well as IT hardware-related support needs. McLaughlin advises that partnering with a strategy and implementation partner, like Technologent, can assist companies in making the tough decisions about infrastructure and effective cloud strategies that will be best for remote work today and in the future.
Meeting the technology infrastructure needs of a remote workforce via the cloud is not a simple task, even for the largest enterprise. Is it a choice between virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), virtual private network (VPN), or software defined perimeter (SDP) or a combination of these and other solutions? There are cost and time challenges involved, too, so businesses want to make informed decisions. But the advantages are many as well, which is why updating this technology now can better position companies for today’s reality and for what may come tomorrow.
Advantages of a cloud hybrid
- Agility—A cloud hybrid offers B2B enterprises, retail businesses, and remote workforce managers the ability to quickly adapt to change. It better supports the reality of a growing remote workforce.
- Cost—Rather than housing all data on a private, on-site server, a cloud hybrid provides the option of storing less sensitive data on a public cloud. This saves money by limiting a company’s investment in infrastructure, plus they only pay for their cloud services on an as-needed basis.
- Control—If your business grows, a hybrid cloud can be scaled up easily, and it allows businesses to automatically respond to demand.
- Innovation—Speed to market can make or break a company today. A cloud hybrid lets companies pivot to meet changing demands.
- Continuity—In the event of a disaster or pandemic, a cloud hybrid lets a business continue operations with minimal downtime and helps ensure the backup of key data.
- Security—Implementing security measures such as encryption, automation, access control, orchestration, and endpoint security is left up to each company to control.
“The cloud infrastructure is ready,” says McLaughlin. “What clients will need is a way to help them organizationally make the transition, as well as a cybersecurity approach that covers gaps.” The pandemic’s work-from-home high point dropped from 51% in April to 33% in October, but now that U.S. workers have had the experience, about two-thirds want to continue to work remotely.(4) That requires an operating model transition, which has as much to do with the people and process as the technology. Technologent is that partner—with services and solutions such as OnePoint(SM) CMaaS, DB Automation, Remote Site Automation and cloud transformation—to help B2B enterprises, retail businesses and remote workforce managers make this crucial transition.
Technologent is a Global Provider of Edge-to-Edge(TM) Information Technology Solutions and Services for Fortune 1000 companies. They help companies outpace the new digital economy by creating IT environments that are fast, flexible, efficient, transparent, and secure. Without these characteristics, companies will miss the opportunity to optimally scale. Technologent mobilizes the power of technology to turn vision into reality, enabling a focus on driving innovation, increasing productivity, and outperforming the market. Visit http://www.technologent.com.
1. Chavez-Dreyfuss, Gertrude; “The number of permanent remote workers is set to double in 2021”; 23 October 2020; World Economic Forum; weforum.org/agenda/2020/10/permanent-remote-workers-pandemic-coronavirus-covid-19-work-home/
2. Hastreiter, Nick; “What’s the Future of Cloud Computing?” accessed 6 November 2020; futureofeverything.io/future-of-cloud-computing/
3. Chris DeRamus. “The Cloud Is the Backbone of Remote Work”; Forbes; June 16, 2020; forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2020/06/16/the-cloud-is-the-backbone-of-remote-work/#76c695824dc9
4. Brenan, Megan; Casna, Kathryn; ”COVID-19 and Remote Work: An Update”; 13 October 2020; Gallup; news.gallup.com/poll/321800/covid-remote-work-update.aspx