BOSTON, May 7, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Consumers now start and stop their shopping journey in different channels, including online marketplaces and social media, and frequently shop for the same product across different retailers, both online and in the store. Consumers expect a frictionless shopping experience across an entire brand and they don't want disruptions as they cross individual channels or locations. In fact, according to the recent BRP Consumer Study, 87% of consumers are interested in a personalized and consistent experience across channels. Today's consumers expect their experience to be seamless as their "shopping cart" and browsing history follows them throughout their journey.
"The growth of online and mobile is driving the demand for increased digital capabilities bundled with personalization across all channels," said Perry Kramer, senior vice president and practice lead at BRP. "To succeed in this demanding environment, retailers must undergo a transformation as they move to a true unified commerce approach to deliver the convergence of the digital and physical shopping experiences and create a holistic customer shopping experience."
BRP's 2019 Unified Commerce Survey of top North American retailers offers insights into the forces affecting the retail industry, the opportunities available for retailers and the future of retail.
The key findings in the 2019 Unified Commerce Survey:
THE MOBILIZATION OF RETAIL
- 64% of consumers choose a store based on product information availability via their mobile device
- 41% of retailers plan to improve the mobile experience to ensure they are meeting their customers' expectations
THE E-COMMERCE EFFECT
- 81% of consumers purchase online at least once per month and 89% browse online at least once per month
- 71% of retailers plan to offer a live chat option on their website to enhance the online shopping experience within two years
THE CHANGING CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
- 68% of consumers would choose a store that offers personalized promotions/discounts over a store that doesn't offer them
- 68% of retailers need to improve their ability to utilize customer insight to meet their customers' expectations
THE NEED FOR UNIFIED COMMERCE
- 87% of consumers are interested in a personalized and consistent experience across all channels
- 71% of retailers plan to offer the ability to 'start the sale anywhere, finish the sale anywhere' to their customers
THE FUTURE OF RETAIL
- 57% of consumers would choose a store offering an automated returns process over one that doesn't offer it
- 38% of retailers plan to offer an automated returns process within two years to offer more self-service opportunities
To download the complete Unified Commerce Survey, visit:
The Unified Commerce Survey platinum sponsors are enVista and Kibo and the gold sponsors are Aptos, ECRS and Fujitsu, LS Retail, and PCMS.
BRP is an innovative retail management consulting firm dedicated to providing superior service and enduring value to our clients. BRP combines its consultants' deep retail business knowledge and cross-functional capabilities to deliver superior design and implementation of strategy, technology, and process solutions. The firm's unique combination of industry focus, knowledge-based approach, and rapid, end-to-end solution deployment helps clients to achieve their business potential. BRP's consulting services include:
Strategy | Business Intelligence | Business Process Optimization | Point of Sale (POS)
Mobile POS | Payment Security | E-Commerce | Store Systems and Operations | CRM
Unified Commerce | Customer Experience | Order Management | Networks
Merchandise Management | Supply Chain | Private Equity
For more information on BRP, visit http://www.brpconsulting.com.