Their actions are a testament to who these individuals are and to the training they receive as ComEd employees.
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (PRWEB) August 04, 2020
MEA Energy Association (MEA) is honored to bestow Life Sustaining and Meritorious Service Awards to 9 employees of ComEd, the largest electric utility in Illinois and longtime member of MEA.
MEA presented the 2020 Life Sustaining Awards to:
- William Jones, overhead electric specialist, for halting a violent attack and assisting the wounded victim.
- Timothy Walsh, engineering design tech, for rescuing a child from a partially submerged vehicle.
- Gus Skaliotis, material handler; Les Cednick, manager material & logistics; and Victor Pope, senior material handler, for distracting and assisting with the prevention of a young woman’s suicide.
Five other ComEd employees were recognized with Meritorious Service Awards for actions ranging from assisting at roadside accidents and rescuing people from fires. They are:
- Steven Doen, senior engineering tech specialist
- Kevin Lonkar, electric mechanic
- Gregory Mars, maintenance inspector
- Richard Martucci, senior commercial compliance investigator
“MEA is honored to present the Life Sustaining and Meritorious Service Awards,” said John Gann, MEA Vice President. “In these uncertain times, we are especially grateful to these outstanding individuals who rise up and make a positive contribution to society. Their actions are a testament to who these individuals are and to the training they receive as ComEd employees.”
MEA Life Sustaining Awards are presented to individuals from member companies who have saved the life of another. The Meritorious Service Award is granted to recognize those who have performed actions in the service of another that are considered above and beyond. Applications for the MEA Life Sustaining and Meritorious Service Award are reviewed and approved by the Executive Committee of MEA’s Board of Directors. Read about all MEA awards at https://www.meaenergy.org/outreach/awards/.
For questions contact John Gann, johng (at) MEAenergy (dot) org, or (651) 289-9600 x105.
MEA serves the people that deliver electricity and natural gas to homes and businesses. We were founded as a trade association over 110 years ago by distribution utilities whose vision was to improve safety and efficiency. Today, we fulfill the same purpose through education, leadership development, and industry connections. Energy delivery companies, contractors, and suppliers around the country benefit from our 55 summits, roundtables, and webinars, 400+ online technical courses, safety assessments, evaluator training, operator qualification compliance tools, and leadership courses for field personnel.