The 9th annual Houston Modern Home Tour is presented by presented by BEC Engineers and Consultants. Participating homes will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, September 21st.
HOUSTON (PRWEB) August 29, 2019
Some tour-goers search for an architect or home builder to work with on their next project, others hope to find a little inspiration; whatever the reasons may be, all tour-goers come to see a curated selection of Houston homes that embody Eastern Texas’s unique modern architecture and design aesthetic.
On Saturday, September 21st, the Modern Architecture+ Design Society (MA+DS) returns to Houston for the 2019 Modern Home Tour, presented by BEC Engineers and Consultants. The annual event gives local architects, designers, and home builders the opportunity to showcase their work to the community in which they work. In turn, the self-guided tour gives the community an opportunity to engage the minds behind the designs and ask questions as they explore some of Houston’s modern homes inside and out.
“The Houston Modern Home Tour is one of our longest-running tours and a solid cornerstone of our entire Modern Home Tour series,” says MA+DS founder and president, James Leasure. “The Modern Home Tour started in Austin and quickly branched out to Houston. Our 9th year line-up is looking stronger than ever. It is a true testament to Houston’s amazing, inspiring, and increasingly diverse in design modern architecture movement.”
Eight (8) homes have been confirmed for the 2019 Houston Modern Home Tour. Participating architects and designers, and featured neighborhoods include:
- A just-finished modern home - a Harvey re-build - in Bellaire, designed by Origin Architects with support from BEC Engineers and Consultants
- A brand-new modern home designed by refuGe Design Studio located just a block from Emancipation Park
- A new modern home located in the heart of University Place designed by studioMET Architects
- A brand-new four-story modern home in Shady Acres designed by Charles Todd Helton
- A brand-new modern home on a corner lot in the Galleria area, designed by Collaborative Design Group with support from Madeval Cabinetry
- A new modern home in Garden Oaks designed by 2Scale Architects with Zone 9 Landscaping
- A Cape Cod Modern inspired home designed by MASA Studio Architects, one block from Memorial Park and currently listed for $3.7mm.
- A modern home in Southside Place designed by Intexure Architects
Retuning this year as volunteer support and beneficiary is University of Houston’s American Institute of Architecture Students chapter. Students will help staff the event, in return for a donation to the school’s program and the opportunity to use the tour as a fundraising vehicle, while also contributing volunteer hours and making connections in their field.
The 9th annual Houston Modern Home Tour is presented by presented by BEC Engineers and Consultants. Participating homes will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, September 21st. Tickets to see all homes are $40 in advance and $50 on the day of the tour. Ages 10 & Up are invited to attend. Details on participants can be found at http://www.houstonmodernhometour.com
About the Modern Architecture + Design Society: Based in Austin, Texas, the Modern Architecture + Design Society was founded was founded by James Leasure in 2010 as Modern Home Tours, to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative self-guided home tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the MA+DS Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!