Encore Analytics recognizes the Defense Acquisition University, the Department of Energy and Lockheed Martin Aeronautics with the Empower Customer Innovation Award. This award recognizes customers that have utilized Empower's open architecture to integrate with other program management tools or extend Empower's functionality in unique ways.
DESTIN, Fla., Sept. 25, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Encore Analytics was pleased to recognize three customers at the 2022 Empower Users' Group (EUG) Workshop with the Empower Customer Innovation Award. This award recognizes customers that have utilized Empower's open architecture to integrate with other program management tools or extend Empower's functionality in unique ways. Since COVID-19 resulted in the slip of EUG 2020 and 2021, awards for those years as well as 2022 were presented at EUG III. Each awardee and their efforts are described below:
The Defense Acquisition University - 2020 Awardee
The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) uses Empower in their EVM 202 Intermediate Earned Value Management course to teach integrated cost schedule analytics to government analysts. In that two-week course, students are educated through simulation via analysis of periodic earned value and schedule data for a notional DoD Program. DAU has an enterprise automated system for student onboarding for all classes and they needed to automatically create and remove EVM 202 students as users in Empower via the DAU student registration system. Utilizing Empower's Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) interface, DAU was able to create complete integration between the DAU student registration system and Empower, resulting in a significant reduction of administrative support for each class conducted at their various locations across the United States.
The Department of Energy - 2021 Awardee
The Department of Energy (DOE) standardized on Empower for integrated cost/schedule analytics and data-driven audit support. To support their enterprise roll-out of Empower, the DOE created a process/application to electronically load both cost and schedule data in the Empower Optimized Format (EOF) for all projects that receive earned value data. This facilitated the loading of monthly data in their central repository in a very streamlined and efficient manner with little to no human intervention. Further, since Empower is a browser-based tool, the DOE was able to seamlessly integrate Empower with their browser-based corporate Project Assessment and Reporting System (PARS) which contains programmatic data such as program documents, program budgets, program budget execution data, key performance indicators, risk items, etc. With this integration it appears to the end users that Empower is simply just another part of PARS. The integration of PARS and Empower provides a complete view of all programmatic data, advanced cost/schedule analytics, and data-driven audit support for all program stakeholders.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics - 2022 Awardee
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics (LMA) struggled to find an analytical and reporting tool that scaled to support extremely large data sets and a high number of concurrent users. LMA had an initiative to reduce the number of tools and data sources control account managers (CAMs), analysts, and Program Managers need to access throughout the month to effectively manage large complex programs. They tried other commercial tools and invested in homegrown solutions as well, but neither of those routes were satisfactory. After doing a brief pilot with Empower to gain support of integrated program management stakeholders, Encore and LMA worked together to ensure Empower scaled to LMA's extremely large data sets. As part of the collaborative process, LMA:
- Developed integration with Empower via their FIT tool to export earned value data, schedule data and work authorization data in a single integrated Empower Optimized File (EOF). This integration along with several scalability enhancements by Encore Analytics reduced the monthly business rhythm processing time by 92%. LMA currently process more than 360 very large projects each month via this integration with little to no human intervention.
- Integrated their proprietary cognitive assist technology to do an initial automated population of variance analysis reports (VAR) for CAMs and placed the text within the existing Empower VAR templates.
- Integration of labor runs to provide CAMs with insight of the named individuals charging to their accounts and how much they are charging. Previously this had to be referenced from other sources.
- Worked with Encore to design an Amazon Web Services (AWS) deployment with load balancing and elasticity to support the most cost-effective life-cycle solution.
- Worked with Encore to streamline system deployment and updates in a Docker environment.
Brooke Boswell, Encore Analytics, 1 866-890-4331, [email protected]
SOURCE Encore Analytics