Executives from Northwestern Mutual, Clarios, LLC, Marshfield Clinic Health System, University of Wisconsin – Madison, Baker Tilly US, LLP, Marquette University, & Landmark Credit Union Recognized for their Achievements
MADISON, Wis., July 14, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- WisconsinCIO announced the winners of its 2022 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. WisconsinCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Leadership, Global, Healthcare, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Large Corporate, & Corporate. The Awards were presented at the Wisconsin CIO ORBIE Awards at The Edgewater.
"Every organization is technology-dependent, but strong leadership is the X-factor that can turn mundane IT into a remarkable strategic differentiator," said Allen Smith, WisconsinCIO Chair. "The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers – CIOs who understand the challenges of technology leadership."
The 2022 Wisconsin CIO ORBIE Award winners are:
- Neal Sample, CIO, Northwestern Mutual (fmr) received the Leadership ORBIE.
- Chad Steighner, CIO, Clarios, LLC received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $3 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Jeri Koester, CIO, Marshfield Clinic Health System received the Healthcare ORBIE for large healthcare & hospital organizations.
- Lois Brooks, Vice Provost for IT & CIO, University of Wisconsin – Madison received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $3 billion annual revenue.
- Allen Smith, CIO, Baker Tilly US, LLP received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue.
- Laurie Panella, CIO, Marquette University received the Large Corporate ORBIE for organizations over $300 million annual revenue.
- Steve Hannan, CIO & CRO, Landmark Credit Union received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $300 million annual revenue.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 500 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The Wisconsin CIO ORBIE Awards keynote was delivered by Brad Cowles, President of Core & Main Fire Protection, who was interviewed by Jonathan Frye, President & Co-Founder of InspireCIO. Over 250 guests attended, representing leading Wisconsin organizations and their technology partners.
The 2022 Wisconsin CIO ORBIE Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Concord, Google Cloud, Lumen, Snowflake
- Gold sponsors: Fortinet, Appian Corporation
- Silver sponsors: American Digital Corporation + Veeam Software, Deloitte, Okta, PwC, Rural Sourcing, Inc.
- Bronze sponsors: AHEAD, Capital Data, HCL, Kforce, Newforma, Inc., NVISIA, SentinelOne
- Media partner: Milwaukee Business Journal
WisconsinCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Wisconsin chief information officers. WisconsinCIO is one of 25 chapters of the WisconsinCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
WisconsinCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.
- Achieve your leadership potential through WisconsinCIO: http://www.WisconsinCIO.org
- Stay connected with WisconsinCIO at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/WisconsinCIO
Lexi Ballard, InspireCIO Leadership Network, 1 4042135461, [email protected]