DENVER (PRWEB) September 18, 2018
HopSkipDrive (HSD) is a car ride-service (like Lyft and Uber) for kids 6+ who need to go when their parents can’t. The company was created by 3 moms in California who understand the stress of driving kids to all of their activities, and the safety concerns parents have putting their children in someone else’s car. It is now available in Denver!
The Lakewood Mom's Group is a group of moms who live or work in the Denver, CO west metro area who meet monthly for playdates, to talk about the challenges of raising children and for support, advice and friendship. The group has been meeting regularly since 2016.
The Lakewood Moms Group was curious how the service worked, how safe it was and if it was something they should use and promote. They went through the entire process of using Hop Skip Drive, talked to one of the companies' founders and also interviewed a driver in order to become familiar and knowledgeable about the company.
One of the members of our Lakewood Mom's Group is a new driver for HSD and allowed us to use her promo code to get our first ride for free. Folks across the Denver metro area can use our affiliate code to try it for free themselves- STEPHANIE555.
HOW DOES HOPSKIPDRIVE WORK?
Using HopSkipDrive was very simple. Parents simply download the app onto a smartphone, create a profile and add profiles for each child. Parents create secret code words for each child that any given driver must say to the child in order to confirm that they are the right driver for that child.
President of the Lakewood Mom's Group, Nancy Carr, used the app to schedule a ride for her son. She had rave reviews afterwards saying, "I scheduled a ride for my oldest, who is eight, to be picked up at my home and dropped off at football practice a few miles away. The morning of the scheduled ride, I received a confirmation email with the name of my CareDriver, her picture and a bio about her. She was a local mom who looked like she could be one of my girlfriends…so I began to get more comfortable with the idea of using HopSkipDrive.
When it came time for Mikey to be picked up, I got a knock on the door at the correct time. Our CareDriver was there to pick him up. She was wearing a bright orange HopSkipDrive shirt! When you set up your child’s ride, you can specify whether you want the driver to knock on the door, just pull-up and wait, honk or text your child to let them know they are there. Since I wanted to learn more about HopSkipDrive, the company had scheduled some extra time for me to interview our driver so that I could get a feel of who are picking up our kids. I was impressed by everything the driver told me: the screening process for the drivers is very thorough to make sure you are getting safe drivers. In order to qualify to be a driver you had to pass a background check, personal reference checks, vehicle safety checks and in person training. Also, drivers must have 5 years’ experience working with children (or being a parent)."
Nancy was able to follow Mikey en route via the HopSkipDrive phone app, where you can see them being tracked by GPS to the destination. Drivers are not allowed to use their phone while driving, but they do text when they arrive for pick-up and when they drop-off your child to let you know they have made it.
After a lot of research, interviews and a trial all members of the Lakewood Mom's Group give Hop Skip Drive two thumbs up! Busy parents in today's age know all too well the stress of trying to juggle life- between work, kids, school, extra-curricular activities.... it's so much! Why not look into some of these modern day solutions to help out and save your sanity?
Want to give HopSkipDrive a try? Use our affiliate code STEPHANIE555 to get your first ride FREE!
FACTS ABOUT HOP SKIP DRIVE
- Drivers are screened in person; receive background checks, their personal references are checked as well as their driving records. They are also finger printed and given in-person training. They receive more screening than a school bus driver.
- Each vehicle is inspected regularly by a licensed mechanic who certifies the vehicle has passed a 19-point inspection. CareDrivers are only permitted to drive the vehicle that passed inspection.
- HopSkipDrive now offers carpooling as a way for parents to easily organize rides with other families while saving money. Just like your regular carpool, parents can invite other families to carpool with them. CareDrivers can make multiple stops, so parents can arrange for CareDrivers to pick up two friends from camp or school and bring them each to a different home, or pick up friends from their homes and take them to camp or school together.
- CareDrivers can text your child or yourself to get a hold of you or let you know they have arrived, but they do not have access to your phone number or information. All phone business is done through the HopSkipDrive system to keep your info private. And once your ride is over, the CareDrivers can no longer contact you.
- You can leave special instructions for your CareDrive on how or where to pick-up/drop-off your child.
- Your child should not go with a CareDriver that doesn’t know their special code word.
- You can follow your child’s route via the HopSkipDrive app which is also monitored by live customer support.
- No one 18 years or older, except for the driver, is allowed to ride in the car with your child.
- Yes, you can carpool or send multiple children.
- There are special protocols if there is an accident…although accidents are very very rare.
If you would like to try out HopSkipDrive in Denver use affiliate code STEPHANIE555 to get your first ride free!