“Drivers should know that after an accident happens, they can only be reimbursed if they file a claim. To do that, drivers are recommended to follow several steps after the accident happened”, said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) September 12, 2019
Cheapquotesautoinsurance.com has launched a new blog post that presents the necessary steps for filing a car insurance claim.
For more info and free quotes, visit https://cheapquotesautoinsurance.com/how-to-file-an-auto-insurance-claim/
Policyholders that file a claim, expect that their insurance providers will reimburse the costs of sustained damages after they were involved in a car accident. When filing a claim, policyholders have to follow certain steps.
Depending on the guilty party, and the damage suffered, the insurance company will be able to provide coverage. In most cases, the same steps apply:
- Contact the authorities. It’s important for drivers to call the police as soon as possible after the accident happened or when the owner realized his car got stolen. The police will create a report where they will gather evidence and eyewitness reports. Drivers should make sure to get a copy of that report.
- Get in touch with the DMV to notify the accident. After they are informed about the accident, they will inform the drivers about their legal responsibilities.
- Drivers should obtain all the info related to their accident. It’s important to gather witness testimonials, police reports, and car repair bills.
- Notify the insurance company. Drivers should explain to their insurers how the accident happened and what are the damages.
- The insurance company will send a claim adjuster. Claim adjusters are trained professionals that work for the insurance company and they will try to obtain the lowest settlements possible.
- Cooperate with claim adjusters. The adjuster will contact the policyholder and ask him to describe how everything happened. The adjuster will check the car and review the repair costs. Drivers should carefully negotiate with claim adjusters and make sure they get a fair settlement.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://cheapquotesautoinsurance.com/
Cheapquotesautoinsurance.com is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.