“Senior citizens can still get advantageous deals. Compare prices online and track the best offers”, said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) September 23, 2020
Compare-autoinsurance.org has launched a new blog post that presents professional tips that can be used by drivers who seek cheap car insurance for seniors.
For more info and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/top-tips-for-the-elderly-to-get-better-car-insurance/
After the age of 70, drivers begin to be considered high-risk. The statistical data presented by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) shows an increase of accident frequency for elderly drivers. As a result, insurers place seniors in the high-risk category. Drivers who seek better coverage should follow the next tips:
- Apply for a low-mileage discount. Retired people who do not have to commute to work drive less than the average driver. They should apply for low mileage discounts that will drastically reduce the costs. In these driving courses, senior citizens will find out how aging and medication affect their ability to drive and how to deal with certain age-related conditions.
- Graduate refresher/defensive driving courses. They will give the driver the chance to recap the theoretical knowledge and practice his driving skills. Classes are cheap and will provide valuable discounts after graduation.
- Install anti-theft devices. On the market, there are multiple types of devices that will make your vehicle safer against the thieves. Electronic alarms, ignition kill switches, GPS tracking systems, steering wheel locks, electronic immobilizers, and many other safety devices will help drivers acquire a discount.
- Use a cheaper car. A new model can be quite expensive to insure. Instead, drivers should choose a 4-5 years old model which also has some safety devices installed. These devices may even qualify the driver for a discount.
- Pay-in-full. It might be difficult for an elderly person to pay a large amount of cash, but paying the car insurance policy at once has its benefits. The policyholder can get a 5 percent to 10 percent discount that occurs from eliminating monthly interest charges and administration fees.
- Join a UBI program. Allow the insurer to install a small telematics device inside the vehicle. This device will record mileage, sudden changes in speed, hard braking, cornering, and the time of day when the vehicle is driven. The insurer will customize the price based on this data.
- Shop online quotes. The best places to shop for online auto insurance quotes are brokerage websites. In order to get accurate estimates, senior citizens should be careful when they complete the questionnaires and make sure they provide accurate data. It is recommended to complete at least three car quotes in order to make an idea of how their policy would look like.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.