Interestingly, the Northeast also has the smallest gender gap among DIY enthusiasts. 52% of women in the region said they rather fix a plumbing problem themselves vs. 57.45% of men.
CINCINNATI (PRWEB) December 17, 2020
Roto-Rooter, North America’s largest provider of plumbing and drain repair services, recently announced the results of their new Thought Leader Survey. Along with other insights, the survey revealed that the Northeast region has the best DIY plumbers in the country.
“Those in the Northeast aren’t necessarily more handy, but they certainly do experience more plumbing problems. Northeastern homeowners are prone to plumbing issues that cost $5,000 or more to fix. In other words, they have more opportunities to develop their skills due to older plumbing infrastructure,” says Paul Abrams, Public Relations Director. “Interestingly, the Northeast also has the smallest gender gap among DIY enthusiasts. 52% of women in the region said they rather fix a plumbing problem themselves vs. 57.45% of men.”
Other survey insights include:
- Northeasterns are more likely to fix a plumbing problem on their own: 54.64% vs. 52.14% of midwesterns, 51.7% of southerners, and only 47.9% of westerners. Southerners and midwesterners are more likely to try to fix it themselves but ultimately hire a plumber. Westerners are more likely to just call a plumber from the get-go.
- Slow-running drains are among the most common plumbing issues for those living in the Northeast, with at least 20% having at least two slow-running drains in their homes.
- Northeastern homeowners are also more likely to suffer from dripping faucets: 12.37% vs. 7.69% in the Midwest, 9.55% in the South, and 8.33% in the West.
- Only the West is more likely than the Northeast to have running toilets - 17.53% in the Northeast, 19.79% in the West, 13.68% in the Midwest, and only 10.67% in the South.
- Southerners like to think of themselves as the most independent, but the data suggests Northeasterners give them a run for their money. Southerners and Midwesterners are more likely to try to fix it themselves but, at the end of the day, call the plumber. That said, these regions simply don't have as many plumbing problems as their Northeastern and Western counterparts.
- Fun bonus fact: Midwesterners are least likely to know how to turn their water off during an emergency (7.7% said yes) vs. the Northeast (11.34%), South (10.11%), and West (10.42%).
When your DIY skills aren’t enough for the job, it may be time to bring in a professional. To resolve your drain and plumbing issues early on before they become major problems, simply call 1-800-GET-ROTO or visit http://www.rotorooter.com.
Roto-Rooter was established in 1935 and is the largest provider of plumbing repair and sewer & drain cleaning services in North America. Roto-Rooter also provides water damage cleanup services and operates businesses in 130 company-owned territories and over 370 franchise territories, serving over 90% of the U.S. population and 40% of the Canadian population. For more information, please visit http://www.rotorooter.com.