“We want our Federal government to take action to fully and honestly investigate how a horribly flawed judicial system exploits and impoverishes entire families and takes their assets and lives.” Dr. Sam Sugar, Founder, AAAPG
Aventura, Florida (PRWEB) April 28, 2015
On Friday May 1, 2015 at 11am EDT Americans Against Abusive Probate Guardianship (AAAPG) will conduct a virtual nationwide protest to demand federal intervention into abuses by court-appointed guardians that allow guardians to act without any effective judicial oversight.
Occurring in conjunction, beginning at 9am EDT on May 1, 2015 the South Florida chapter of AAAPG will also gather in-person to share their stories of abuses by professional guardians and lawyers who intercept and retain for themselves the rightful inter-generation transfer of wealth, while judges in courtrooms in all 50 states look the other way.
According to AAAPG, because wards become legally-dead and the physical property of their guardian as soon as a judge grants guardianship, the wards have no constitutional nor civil rights – they are chattel belonging to the guardians, in the eyes of the court.
AAAPG has collected hundreds of stories from 18 states indicating that due to the lack of judicial oversight of their court-appointed guardians. These stories have reported:
- The courts and the guardians frequently ignore their wards' valid, pre-existing legal and medical directives;
- The guardians rapidly deplete the wards' life savings through exorbitant billing of unnecessary and unwanted services, including legal defense against the wards' families' attempts to hold the guardians and the courts to the Rule of Law;
- Allowing over-medication or putting the wards into chemical isolation with potent lethal doses of atypical antipsychotics;
- The wards' houses and any property are sold for well-below market prices, often to associates of the guardians;
- In some states, the confiscation of all Earned Interest Income through the attorneys' misuse of their IOLTA (Interest On Lawyers Trust Accounts) accounts provides a financial disincentive for the courts to discipline the guardians since the state is the recipient of wards' Earned Interest Income;
- Family visits are strictly monitored, if permitted. Members of the ward's family that disagree with the guardian are often forbidden from visiting their loved one under guardianship, and in some cases are sued by the guardian for tortious interference with the guardian's business;
- Frequently a once-wealthy individual dies impoverished and alone, isolated and over-medicated, once the ward's wealth has been transferred to the guardian and all attorneys involved, whichever 'side' they are on.
Dr. Sam Sugar, Founder of AAAPG says, “Our mission is to call attention to the very real danger this guardianship industry poses to the well-being and security of every person of means in this country. We want our Federal government to take action to fully and honestly investigate how a horribly flawed judicial system exploits and impoverishes entire families and takes their assets and lives.”
The group is urging supporters to sign an online petition at change.org to request that President Obama and FBI Director James Comey launch a federal probe into this abuse by the judicial system as it did in Operation Graylord. See https://www.change.org/p/barack-obama-james-comey-demand-a-federal-investigation-into-abuses-in-probate-guardianship-in-america.
Press are invited to attend: Comfort Inn Suites Hotel, 191 SW 19th Court, Dania Beach, Florida 33004, beginning at 9am EDT on May 1st. Or press can join the online event at 11AM EDT from their computer, tablet or smartphone at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/846638237 Non-interactive attendance is offered by phone. United States : +1 (872) 240-3312 Access Code: 846-638-237.
Further information is available at AAAPG.net
Americans Against Abusive Guardianship on Facebook
HelpAAAPG on Twitter
By email at endxploitation(at)aaapg(dot)net
Phone 855 913 5337
AAAPG is a 501c3 not for Profit Corporation