MENLO PARK, Calif. (PRWEB) March 13, 2020
The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (PA DHS) recently issued new training standards that require helping professionals to meet a baseline of new educational regulations and standards.
ABA Business Growth, a world-wide leader in training development, recruiting and consulting services for ABA organizations, has developed web-based training programs to help support ABA organizations in Pennsylvania meet the necessary new standards so there are no gaps in service delivery. The organization has new information pertaining to the requirements, which are listed int he following section.
PROVIDING CLARITY ON THE TRAINING REQUIRED
Many ABA organizations are seeking to better understand whether or not their teams are required to take additional trainings in order to meet the new regulations. Below are a few key points from The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services concerning the guidelines.
- As a PA practitioner, you may be required to complete an initial 30-hour training, under PA DHS regulations 5240.73 & 5240.83. We recommend you check with your employer and/or OMHSAS Children’s Bureau-DHS at RA-PWIBHS@pa.gov to clarify your organization training needs.
- An individual who is certified as an RBT and/or BCBA may count the hours of training required to maintain certification towards the new training requirements.
- You ARE NOT required to re-take any of the initial training requirements if you are currently providing Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS).
- If you are a Behavioral Health Tech (BHT) and have not previously provided BHT or TSS services, you are required to complete at least 30 hours of Department-approved training prior to providing services independently. (ABA Business Growth trainings are ACE approved)
TRAINING PACKAGE OVERVIEW
ABA Business Growth has developed several web-based training programs to help organizations across Pennsylvania meet the new training requirements. They are as follows:
- A 30-hour Training Package for Clinical Directors and Behavior Analysts with NO experience (non BCBA®)
- A 20-hour Training Package for Clinical Directors and Behavior Analysts with experience (non BCBA®)
- A 30-Hour Training Package for BHTs and Behavior Techs
Learn more about the training offerings at http://www.aba-businessgrowth.com/pa-training