NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (PRWEB) January 13, 2021
A strong foundation in the fundamentals of health care quality and safety is essential to being a health care professional in today's practice of medicine.
Validate that knowledge with a certification designed to demonstrate professional and personal commitment to providing high-quality, cost-effective patient care.
The updated Core Body of Knowledge (CBK) course provides the backbone of quality management and patient safety education to prepare professionals for the HCQM Certification Examination and tools to use in every day practice.
The CBK course is provided online for the convenience of learners to complete on their own schedule.
The twelve-module course is designated for 26.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and 26.0 nursing contact hours.
This compilation of health care quality education is written and updated by HCQM Certification Exam writers and reviewers and long-time ABQAURP Diplomates; ensuring the course provides the foundation for today's and tomorrow's health care leaders.
The CBK Online Course, teaches the basics of health care quality, risk management, accreditation, patient safety, including:
- Tools and processes used to determine quality of care issues in a variety of health care environments
- Discuss the use of peer review in assuring quality of care in a variety of settings
- Patient safety cultures outside of health care
- Various ways utilization is managed and costs are controlled
- Explore basic concepts and frameworks of case management
- Essentials of safe and effective transitions of care
- Differences between accrediting organizations and regulatory agencies
- Critical regulatory issues (Stark law, Anti-kickback statute, etc.)
- Specify how privileges are granted, maintained, and how they may be removed
- Examine the impact of managed care on quality and utilization
- Workers’ Compensation terminology and common definitions
- The roles and areas of potential influence for the experienced physician advisor
- How the definition of observation services differs from inpatient status
The course is intended for Physicians of all specialties, Nurses, and Other Health Care Professionals with appropriate CME / CE credit offered for each profession.
Order online now and use Promo Code: CBK21PR to save $75 on course registration through February 15, 2021.
For more information about ABQAURP programs: call (800) 998-6030 or visit http://www.abqaurp.org.
For over 44 years, ABQAURP has been the premier professional association providing Health Care Quality and Management (HCQM) Certification, ACCME-accredited continuing medical education, and membership to health care professionals worldwide.
HCQM Certification also offers sub-specialties in: Physician Advisor (physicians only), Patient Safety/Risk Management, Case Management, Managed Care, Transitions of Care, and Workers’ Compensation. HCQM Certification and the Physician Advisor Sub-Specialty are endorsed by the American College of Physician Advisors.
ABQAURP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. We are committed to providing superior health care quality and patient safety education. ABQAURP is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing to provide contact hours (CEs) for nurses in our educational programs.
ABQAURP designates this enduring material for a maximum of 26.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABQAURP is an approved provider of continuing education for nurses. This activity is designated for 26.0 contact hours through the Florida Board of Nursing, Provider # 50-94.
This program is approved for Category 2 credit by the American Osteopathic Association.