When times get tough—and boy, they have been a bear these last few months—CDI professionals have a wonderful way of rising to the occasion.
MIDDLETON, Mass. (PRWEB) August 04, 2020
As the premier healthcare community for clinical documentation specialists, the Association for Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialists (ACDIS) is doubling down on its commitment to providing continuing education, professional growth, program recognition, and networking opportunities to its members and CDI professionals in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
ACDIS is offering a comprehensive CDI COVID-19 survival toolkit to help hospitals that are actively treating COVID-19 filled with free resources, including common clinical indicators, hard-to-find guidance on cytokine storms, physician documentation needs, pediatric inflammatory multisystem syndrome, and survey data related to the pandemic’s impact of the profession. Access it by visiting https://acdis.org/resources/cdi-covid-19-survival-toolkit.
The toolkit is just one easy-to-use resource. ACDIS is also providing ongoing guidance with:
- A weekly eNewsletter, CDI Strategies, highlighting COVID-19 news, updates, and documentation and coding updates https://acdis.org/articles
- Webinars covering topics from denials management, risk adjustment, and outpatient CDI reviews https://hcmarketplace.com/product-type/webinars
- Episodes of the ACDIS Podcast: Talking CDI covering firsthand experiences, clinical and coding nuances, documentation pearls, cytokine release syndrome and CAR-T therapy, and queries and the frontline workflow https://acdis.org/acdis-podcast
- A 3-day virtual education event, Staying Engaged: ACDIS Presents Virtual Education & Community (now available on demand), featuring more than a dozen educational sessions with valuable continuing education credits through an app https://hcmarketplace.com/staying-engaged-acdis
- A special 50% savings on any Online CDI Boot Camps to help you stay up to date and in compliance amid ever-changing healthcare regulations (For more information, visit https://hcmarketplace.com/product-type/boot-camps/clinical-documentation and use code CDIONLINE.)
- The 2021 ACDIS Pocket Guide, filled with the latest updates to clinical diagnostic standards, the Official Coding Guidelines, ICD-10-CM codes, CMS-HCCs, and CDI critical thinking tips https://hcmarketplace.com/2021-acdis-pocket-guide
Plus, there are exclusive members-only benefits, such as the bimonthly CDI Journal with in-depth advice and insight from CDI leaders, an ACDIS Advisory Board conference call discussing CDI work during the pandemic, and more.
“When times get tough—and boy, they have been a bear these last few months—CDI professionals have a wonderful way of rising to the occasion,” says ACDIS Director Brain Murphy. “Results from our recent impact of COVID-19 on CDI departments survey demonstrated the willingness of these professionals to engage in tasks far removed from record review, from administering personal protective equipment and other life-saving equipment and supplies (10%) to serving on call center lines (15%), and even returning to the bedside to provide direct patient care (16%).”
With so much uncertainty around what CDI professionals will have to overcome in the future months, you can count on ACDIS as a resource to keep you informed with the following:
- Meet Up Mondays via Facebook Live with ACDIS Associate Editorial Director Melissa Varnavas
- A 1-day free virtual summit discussing CDI professionals’ return to work in hospitals and the impact of COVID-19 on their work at home (July 23)
- An in-depth webinar discussing sepsis and its implications for COVID-19 patients
- ACDIS Podcast: Talking CDI episode on the presentation and diagnosis of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (August 12)
- An ACDIS membership quarterly conference call on CDI and telehealth (August 20)
- A weeklong celebration of professional recognition featuring an extensive report on the CDI industry, a free webinar, daily industry expert Q&As, giveaways, and more during the CDI Cinema-CDI: Coming to an Organization Near You (September 12–18)
- A 3-day virtual education event, Virtual Education Curtain Call: Behind the Scenes of Star-Studded CDI Programs (September 23–25)
- Continued news coverage through CDI Strategies and the CDI Journal
For all its disruptions and tragedies, COVID-19 has brought communities together, and ACDIS is proud to be the go-to resource for CDI professionals to receive the ongoing education, support, and guidance all in one place. Learn more about ACDIS by visiting https://acdis.org/.