MIAMI (PRWEB) November 19, 2018
Addigy, a leading provider of cloud-based Apple device management software, today highlighted a seven-point checklist for ensuring macOS/iOS enterprise readiness. Over the last several years, macOS/iOS devices have been growing in popularity because of the improvements in productivity, reduced help desk requirements, lower management costs, and better overall user experience. However, deploying macOS/iOS systems in the enterprise requires the administrator to take several steps to ensure these devices are ready for the most secure and regulated computing environments.
“Readying macOS/iOS systems with the necessary authentication, encryption, management controls and reporting are necessary to ensuring a secure and compliant deployment,” said Jason Dettbarn, CEO, Addigy. “Therefore, providing the same level of protections afforded to PCs is an important consideration when integrating these devices into the business landscape.”
To prepare macOS/iOS devices for use in the enterprise, follow these steps when configuring these systems for enterprise use:
- DEP/Apple Business Manager Registration: In order to ensure that all future Apple device purchases are linked, register for a DEP/Apple Business Manager account as soon as possible since macOS systems cannot be retroactively added.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) Profile Approval: Make sure that MDM profiles from your MDM provider are approved by the user or via DEP enrollment. This is a critical step with the release of macOS Mojave and is required for Apple’s Remote Lock and Remote Wipe functionality.
- Firmware Password Configuration: For newer Mac models that support use of the utility, enter a firmware password in the fields provided, then click Set Password to prevent unauthorized usage. Store this password in a secure location.
- Device Encryption: Instead of the usual macOS login window after your Mac is booted, the login window is the first thing you will see. Your device requires the user’s password before it can boot. Make sure that all macOS devices are encrypted using FileVault 2 to prevent possible data theft or loss.
- Enable GateKeeper: Make sure macOS devices have GateKeeper enabled to prevent users from installing suspicious applications.
- Secure Apple ScreenSaver and Sleep: Set the device to require a password using an MDM solution so that when it wakes from sleep, the user will enter their login name and password to continue working. This will prevent unauthorized access to unattended devices. Use the administrator name and password to unlock the screen if the user is not available.
- Reporting and Compliance: Utilize an Apple device management platform to gain full network visibility and centralize security software management by deploying and enforcing third-party security applications. Quickly patch devices for vulnerabilities as soon as a new system update is available. Make data-driven decisions by leveraging automated and customizable reports and respond to audits faster and more accurately.
macOS/iOS devices are growing in corporate popularity by the day because of their security, productivity, management and user experience advantages. However, when preparing these systems for use in big business, it’s up to Apple system administrators to make sure that these devices are centrally managed and in-sync within the environment. And while it’s true that Mac and Windows require different management approaches, incorporating macOS/iOS devices into the enterprise with the same level of protections provided to Windows-based PCs is easily accomplished, bringing the business advantages this platform offers to the enterprise.
Addigy’s full-stack cloud-based Apple Device Management platform allows for centralized management of distributed MacOS/iOS computing environments. The solution provides 24x7x365 oversight of Apple devices to ensure systems are secure, up-to-date and running at the highest levels of efficiency. IT administrators can thoroughly audit all MacOS/iOS assets quickly and without server setup to identify which OS versions and applications are installed, and whether updates have been applied to all machines on the network.
Addigy Apple Device Management Platform -- Free Trial
A free trial of the Addigy Apple Device Management Platform is available at https://www.addigy.com/#signup-form.
Tweet This: @Addigy Releases Strategies to Ensure Apple Device Readiness for the Enterprise - https://bit.ly/2Bu9DCX
- Visit Addigy on Owler at https://www.owler.com/company/addigy
- Register with Addigy Today to Receive the Software: https://prod.addigy.com/signup
- Follow Addigy on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/addigy
- Visit Addigy online at: http://www.addigy.com
Addigy helps system administrators take control of their IT environments with the industry’s most comprehensive cloud-based platform for Unified Apple Device Management. Addigy simplifies and streamlines the IT management of Apple devices with asset management, monitoring, reporting, remote command execution, customer and user management, real-time communications, and more. Contact Addigy at +1 305-330-6677 or visit http://www.addigy.com.
Call +1 305-330-6677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org