"The Vizi-AI devkit differentiates itself in the Edge AI market by doing for industrial developers what Raspberry Pi did for DIY makers."
SAN JOSE, Calif. (PRWEB) September 01, 2020
- Support for the open source Node-RED programming tool enables users to easily create outcomes from vision inference, such as turning on a light or alarm or sending notifications
- Vizi-AI has been recognized with several industry awards since its launch earlier this year
- The devkit is available now through Arrow Electronics
ADLINK Technology Inc., a global leader in edge computing has added a new Node-RED app to its award-winning Vizi-AI™ development starter kit (devkit), enabling developers to drive action from machine vision artificial intelligence (AI) at the edge.
Developers can easily connect Vizi-AI to a variety of image capture devices and then deploy and improve machine learning models. With this capability, developers are better able to harness insight from vision data to optimize operational decision-making and automate actions, such as sending an alert when a worker is too close to hazardous machinery or is not wearing the proper safety gear. Vizi-AI includes a range of pre-built Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ compatible machine learning models that can be used straight out of the box.
Node-RED is an open source UI based programming tool for easily wiring together flows of data. The ADLINK Edge™ Vizi-AI Node-RED app now enables users to easily create outcomes from the vision inference such as turn on a light, an alarm, send an email, a tweet or create a dashboard.
Vizi-AI continues to expand its user base and gain industry adoption and recognition. This year Vizi-AI has earned several vision innovation/technology awards from the trade media and tech analyst community, including Compass Intelligence’s Machine Vision Technology Award.
The Vizi-AI devkit includes:
- Intel Atom™ based SMARC computer-on-module with Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU and 40 pin connector
- Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, which optimizes deep learning workloads across Intel® architecture−including accelerators−and streamlines deployments from the edge to the cloud
- ADLINK Edge™ software, providing enhanced functionality of OpenVINO through the ADLINK Data River™, which enables data to flow freely and securely
- ADLINK Edge™ Profile Builder, which provides a simple, intuitive user experience to manage devices and applications
- ADLINK Edge™ Model Manager, which enables users to add their own models to a pre-loaded selection for easy deployment
Vizi-AI is also supported by its own community, http://www.goto50.ai where users can find support, pre-built scenarios and other useful resources.
“The Vizi-AI devkit differentiates itself in the Edge AI market by doing for industrial developers what Raspberry Pi did for DIY makers, and provides an easy acquisition path to enable the mass adoption of this simple, affordable machine vision starter device,” said Nick Donaldson, senior director of global alliances and marketing for Arrow’s global services.
ADLINK’s Vizi-AI is available in the Americas and EMEA regions through Arrow Electronics.
ADLINK Technology Inc. is a global leader in edge computing. Our mission is to affect positive change in society and industry by connecting people, places and things with AI. The company offerings include robust boards, real-time data acquisition solutions and application enablement for AIoT. ADLINK serves vertical markets including manufacturing, communications, healthcare, aerospace, defense, energy, infotainment and transportation. ADLINK is a Premier Member of the Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance, a partner of NVIDIA, and a contributor to standards initiatives such as Eclipse, OCP, OMG and ROS2 TSC. ADLINK is ISO-9001, ISO-14001, ISO-13485 and TL9000 certified and is publicly traded on TAIEX (Stock Code: 6166). Learn more at http://www.adlinktech.com.
# # #
Intel, Atom, Movidius, Myriad and OpenVINO are registered trademarks of Intel® Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Product Marketing Manager
ADLINK Technology, Inc.
Phone: +44 7599 724 899
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org