"The cExpress-AR is the first Type 6 module on the market to support an octa-core (8-core) embedded SoC."
SAN JOSE, Calif. (PRWEB) November 12, 2020
- ADLINK has launched the cExpress-AR, its first octa-core COM Express Type 6 compact module featuring the new AMD Ryzen™ V2000 AP with integrated Radeon™ graphics
- The cExpress-AR is the first Type 6 module on the market to support an octa-core (8-core) embedded SoC, with up to 16 threads and an impressive turbo boost up to 4.2 GHz
- The cExpress-AR is well suited for use in demanding graphics-based applications including AI inferencing at the edge, ultrasound image processing, video encoding/streaming, embedded gaming and infotainment
For media inquiries kindly contact: email@example.com
ADLINK Technology Inc., a global leader in edge computing, has launched its first octa-core COM Express Type 6 compact module featuring the new AMD Ryzen™ V2000 AP with integrated Radeon™ graphics, the cExpress-AR.
With double the core count, the cExpress-AR is well suited for use in demanding graphics-based applications such as:
- Ultrasound image processing
- 4K high speed video encoding and streaming
- Embedded gaming and infotainment
- AI inferencing at the edge
“The AMD Ryzen™ V2000 APU has a high-performing graphics computing core making it great for use in AI inferencing applications without the need for an additional GPU. This is one way the cExpress-AR helps to lower overall system cost,” said Alex Wang, COM Express Product Manager at ADLINK. “Compared to earlier embedded quad-core V1000 processors, the additional cores combined with AMD's Zen 2 architecture doubles performance and efficiency.”
The cExpress-AR is the first Type 6 module on the market to support an octa-core (8-core) embedded SoC, with up to 16 threads and an impressive turbo boost up to 4.2 GHz. Processor choices include low power 8-core/6-core APUs with a configurable TDP between 10 and 25 watts and high performance 8-core/6-core APUs with a configurable TDP between 35 and 54 watts.
ADLINK’s cExpress-AR is also well suited for mission critical applications in harsh environments, featuring:
- Standard support for up to 64GB DDR4 in two SO-DIMMs
- ECC error correction based on selected SKUs and configurable TDP (down to 10W)
- Passive cooling
- 6 to 8 core offerings
With integrated new generation AMD Radeon Vega graphics, the cExpress-AR supports up to four independent 4K displays via DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI and LVDS. ADLINK also offers either eDP or analog VGA as build options by customer request. HEVC (H.265) 10-bit encoding and decoding is also supported by integrated hardware-acceleration.
The cExpress-AR, offers a wide range of high speed interfaces, including 2.5GbE Ethernet that is fully compatible to 1 GbE, 6x PCIe x1 Gen3 lanes (optionally up to 8x lanes possible) and 1x PCIe x8 Gen3 (on PEG pins), and 4x USB 3.2 ports. These features are fully compatible with the COM Express Rev. 3.0 specification, allowing for existing systems to upgrade and gain in performance without changing the carrier design.
About ADLINK Technology
ADLINK Technology Inc. is a global leader in edge computing. Our mission is to affect positive change in society and industry by connecting people, places and things with AI. The company offerings include robust boards, real-time data acquisition solutions and application enablement for AIoT. ADLINK serves vertical markets including manufacturing, communications, healthcare, aerospace, defense, energy, infotainment and transportation. ADLINK is a Premier Member of the Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance, a partner of AMD, a partner of NVIDIA, and a contributor to standards initiatives such as Eclipse, OCP, OMG and ROS2 TSC. ADLINK is ISO-9001, ISO-14001, ISO-13485 and TL9000 certified and is publicly traded on TAIEX (Stock Code: 6166). Learn more at http://www.adlinktech.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners in the U.S. and other countries.