Critical themes to be addressed include safety, transparency, targeting and scalability across a variety of platforms.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) March 23, 2021
Adweek, the leading source of news and insights covering marketing, media and technology, announced today the formation of the Mediaweek Council, comprising 33 of the industry’s foremost media and marketing executives at brands, agencies and consultancies, as well as TV and digital publishing. Christian Juhl, Global CEO of WPP’s GroupM, will serve as the council’s chair and lead its effort to build bridges and reshape best practices across the ad buying ecosystem. Juhl has been leading WPP’s media investment group since October 2019 in its mission to purposefully apply GroupM’s scale across partnerships, data and technology to make advertising work better for people around the world.
The council’s mission will be to amplify best practices and forward thinking for the betterment of the media buying space. Critical themes to be addressed include safety, transparency, targeting and scalability across a variety of platforms. The council will also help guide Adweek’s own coverage of the rapidly changing business landscape.
"The next era of media must work harder to create a healthier advertising ecosystem for everyone, especially the people viewing it," said Juhl. "In reshaping the future of our industry, every part of the system is dependent upon each other to succeed. Working together allows us to find new solutions for the future. I’m looking forward to collaborating with some of the industry’s best and brightest to impact meaningful and lasting change to the way we do business.”
Current Mediaweek Council members include:
- Christian Juhl, Global CEO, GroupM (Chair)
- Minjae Ormes, CMO, Visible
- Paolo Provinciali, Head of US Media, Anheuser-Busch
- Lina Polimeni, Chief Media Officer, Lilly
- Marla Skiko, US & Global Head of Media, Ford Motor Company
- Alan Smith, SVP, Global Media, Lifecycle & Marketing Analytics, Peloton
- Liz Salway, Global Digital Center of Competencies Lead, Nestlé
- Kate Stanford, Managing Director, Global Ads Marketing, Google / YouTube
- Danilo Tauro, Global Director - Media, Tech, Data, P&G
- Shyam Venugopal, SVP, Global Media and Commercial Capabilities, PepsiCo
- Derek Baker, Principal & CMO Advisory Leader, PwC
- Marc Brodherson, Partner and Marketing & Advertising Practice Lead, McKinsey & Co.
- Scott Tieman, Global Lead, Media Services, Accenture Interactive
- Dave Gaines, CEO, Co-founder, Media by Mother
- Christian Juhl, Global CEO, GroupM
- Daryl Lee, Global CEO, Mediabrands
- Cara Lewis, EVP Head of US Investment, dentsu
- Helen Lin, Chief Digital Officer, Publicis Groupe
- Deirdre McGlashan, Chief Media Officer, at MDC Partners
- Megan Pagliuca, Chief Activation Officer, Omnicom Media Group
- Jamie Seltzer, Global Managing Director, MarTech & Data Strategy, Havas Media Group
- Belinda Smith, CEO Americas, m/SIX
- Dan Aversano, SVP, Data, Analytics & Advanced Advertising, Univision
- Danielle Brown, SVP Data Enablement and Category Strategy, Disney Advertising Sales
- Mike Dean, SVP, Advanced Advertising, ViacomCBS
- Adam Gaynor, Head of Network Partnerships and Addressable, VIZIO and OAR
- Kim Kelleher, President of Commercial Revenue and Partnerships, AMC Networks
- Ryan McConville, EVP, Advertising Platforms & Operations, NBCUniversal
- Nadja Bellan-White, Global CMO, Vice Media Group
- Stephanie Layzer, VP, Advertising Technology & Operations, News Corp.
- Rich Lehrfeld, SVP, General Manager, Walmart Connect
- Ryan Pauley, CRO, Vox Media
- Joy Robins, CRO, The Washington Post
- Carlos Watson, CEO, Co-founder, OZY Media
“Given the rapid pace of change, we realized there was a need for the ad buying community to have a neutral space to explore best practices for the greater good and are excited to have such an incredible group of luminaries on this council,” said Lisa Granatstein, Chief Content Officer, Adweek. “We are beyond thrilled that Christian, with his extensive data and technology background, will be the one to lead the dialogue.”
The Mediaweek Council follows on the heels of Adweek’s recent announcement of this spring’s inaugural Mediaweek summit. Like the Council, the tentpole event will take place virtually April 14-16 and feature ad tech and mar tech’s best and brightest minds, including Scott Galloway, Pivot Co-Host and NY Professor; Karla Davis, VP, Integrated Marketing, Utla Beauty; and Paolo Provinciali, Head of US Media, Anheuser-Busch. An outgrowth of Adweek’s positioning as the touchstone of the advertising and marketing space, the Mediaweek summit invites rising ad tech and mar tech professionals to learn best practices from the industry’s leading brand marketers and ad buyers, along with insights into the challenges and opportunities that come with building a 21st century media and marketing strategy.
“Adweek has once again built upon its DNA to create not only the most anticipated event for the media and marketing communities, but also a council for ongoing dialogue on what matters most to ad buyers and sellers,” said Jeffrey Litvack, CEO, Adweek. “We are proud to be able to provide these platforms for the greater good of our community.”
To register and receive Mediaweek summit updates, go to event.adweek.com/mediaweek-2021.
Adweek is the leading source of news and insight serving the brand marketing ecosystem. Our award-winning coverage reaches an engaged audience of over 6 million professionals across platforms including print, digital, events, podcasts, newsletters, social media channels and the Adweek mobile app. As a touchstone of the advertising and marketing community, Adweek provides unparalleled access to industry leaders who rely on Adweek to help them do their job better.