“The Brandweek Steering Committee brings the most dynamic and innovative leaders from the brand community together to help us to better serve marketing professionals,” said Jeffrey Litvack, CEO of Adweek.
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 14, 2020
Adweek, the leading resource for the brand marketing and advertising community, today announced the addition of new members to the Brandweek Steering Committee, a select group of senior marketing leaders who will continue to advise and guide Adweek on its mission to help marketers learn and grow.
New members include:
- Bozoma Saint John, CMO, Netflix
- Cynthia Chen, President, Consumer Health, North America, Reckitt Benckiser
- Deborah Yeh, CMO, Sephora
- Fernando Machado, Global CMO, Restaurant Brands International
- Greg Welch, Senior Partner & Practice Leader, Spencer Stuart
- Jeanine Liburd, Chief Social Impact and Communications Officer, BET
- William White, CMO, Walmart
They join existing Steering Committee members:
- Antonio Lucio, Global CMO, Facebook
- Denise Karkos, CMO, SiriusXM
- Heidi Browning Pearson, CMO, NHL
- John Dillon, Chief Brand Officer, Denny’s
- Julian Duncan, CMO and SVP of Social Responsibility & Impact, NFL Jacksonville Jaguars
- Kellyn Smith Kenny, former Global CMO, Hilton
- Lynne Biggar, CMCO, Visa
- Musa Tariq, former Global Head of Marketing, Airbnb Experiences
- Rick Gomez, Chief Marketing, Digital and Strategy Officer, Target
- Vineet Mehra, Global Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Customer Officer, Walgreens Boots Alliance
“The Brandweek Steering Committee brings the most dynamic and innovative leaders from the brand community together to help us to better serve marketing professionals,” said Jeffrey Litvack, CEO of Adweek. “The impact this committee has already had on the industry, since its formation in early 2019, is beyond noteworthy… it’s momentous.”
The Brandweek Steering Committee has been instrumental in shaping Adweek’s tentpole event, Brandweek, especially its 2020 incarnation. Fully reimagined for a virtual world, this year’s Brandweek includes several new features that grew out of discussions with the Brandweek Steering Committee, including intimate Masterclasses, Taste of Brandweek social sampling events and Brandweek Lift, a program where minority-owned businesses can attend Brandweek free of charge and connect with senior business leaders.
Another suggestion, discussed in their first meeting of the Brandweek Steering Committee, led to the formation of the Adweek DEI Council, a group of leaders who have helped Adweek keep diverse voices and concerns front and center, as well as the expanded focus on talent development and equipping the industry for the future.
Adweek is the leading source of news and insight serving the brand marketing ecosystem. First published in 1979, Adweek's award-winning coverage reaches an engaged audience of more than 6 million professionals across platforms including print, digital, events, podcasts, newsletters, social media and mobile apps. As a touchstone of the advertising and marketing community, Adweek is an unparalleled resource for leaders across multiple industries who rely on its content to help them do their job better.