The Adweek DEI Council brings together leading executives from some of the world’s most renowned brands, collaborating across the industry to create and surface meaningful DEI actions that marketers can implement to lead change within their organizations.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) August 24, 2020
Today Adweek announced the newly formed DEI Council , representing a diverse range of senior leaders who will continue to advise the brand on how best to serve the advertising and brand marketing communities.
The Adweek DEI Council is made up of 44 top brand leaders, many of whom previously served on Adweek’s D&I and Women Trailblazers councils. (The previous name of the D&I Council referenced diversity and inclusion, where DEI Council adds “Equity” to the name, according to today’s preferred terminology.)
The Adweek Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council brings together leading Chief Marketing Officers, Chief Brand Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Brand Presidents, and Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officers at the helm of some of the world’s most renowned brands, collaborating across the industry to create and surface meaningful DEI actions that marketers can implement to lead change within their organizations.
The new roster of the council includes:
- Alison Wagonfeld, Chief Marketing Officer, Google Cloud
- Brad Hiranaga, CBO, U.S., General Mills
- Carla Hassan, Global CBO, Citi
- Claudia Edelman, Founder, We Are All Human
- Daisy Auger-Dominguez, Chief People Officer, VICE Media Group
- Dalana Brand, VP, People Experience and Head of Inclusion & Diversity, Twitter
- Danielle Lee, Chief Fan Officer, National Basketball Association
- Deirdre Findlay, Global CMO, Condé Nast
- Diego Scotti, EVP and CMO, Verizon
- Elizabeth Rutledge, CMO, American Express
- Fiona Carter, Chief Brand Officer, AT&T
- Gail Tifford, Chief Brand Officer, WW International,. Inc. and Co-founder of #SeeHer
- Jabari Hearn, VP of Brand, Lyft
- Jason White, CMO, Curaleaf
- Josh Loebner. Director of Strategy, Designsensory
- Judy Lee, Global Head of Experiential Marketing, Pinterest
- Kenny Mitchell, CMO, Snap Inc.
- Lara Balazs, CMO and GM, Strategic Partner Group, Intuit
- Lina Shields, Chief Media Officer, Eli Lilly and Company
- Linda Boff, CMO, GE
- Linda Johnson Rice, CEO and Chairman, Johnson Publishing Co.
- Lisa Sherman, President and CEO, The Ad Council
- Marcel Marcondes, U.S. CMO, Anheuser-Busch
- Mary Beech, CEO, Sarah Flint, Inc.
- Maryam Banikarim, Head of Marketing, Nextdoor
- Mónica Gil, EVP, Chief Administrative and Marketing Officer, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises
- Monique Nelson, CEO, UniWorld Group
- Nuno Teles, President, Diageo Beer Company
- Pam Kaufman, President, ViacomCBS Consumer Products, ViacomCBS
- Rachel Weiss, VP of Strategic Growth and Innovation, L’Oreal USA
- Raja Rajamannar, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer and President, Healthcare Business, Mastercard
- Rodney Williams, CEO and President, Belvedere
- Sarah Kate Ellis, President and CEO, GLAAD
- Shelley Zalis, CEO, The Female Quotient
- Singleton Beato, Chief Diversity & Engagement Officer, McCann Worldgroup
- Soyoung Kang, CMO, eos
- Stephanie Buscemi, CMO, Salesforce
- Steven Wolf Pereira, Chairman and CEO, Encantos
- Suzanne Kounkel, CMO, Deloitte U.S.
- Tariq Hassan, CMO, Petco
- Tiffany R. Warren, SVP Chief Diversity Officer, Omnicom Group and Founder & President of ADCOLOR
- Tim Ellis, CMO, NFL
- Victoria Russell, Chief of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Papa John’s International, Inc.
- Walter Geer III, Executive Creative Director, Experience Design, VMLY&R
The co-chairs of the Adweek DEI Council are Diego Scotti (EVP/CMO, Verizon) and Gail Tifford (CBO, WW International. Inc.), who chaired the former D&I and Women Trailblazers councils, respectively.
“We could not be prouder to collaborate with this community of marketing leaders, who every day demonstrate their commitment to accelerating change in the industry and providing opportunities for under-represented communities,” said Jeffrey Litvack, CEO of Adweek. “Together we are having impact and are hopeful for a better tomorrow."
The expanded DEI Council will build upon recent initiatives including the DEI event series, which kicked off with the Adweek 2020 Diversity and Inclusion Summit; A State of Revolt, an honest conversation with 14 powerful Black Leaders a week after the killing of George Floyd; Pride, Protests and Progress, featuring Adweek Pride Stars representing diverse perspectives across the LGBTQIA community; and The Asian American Summit. Over 11,000 brands and marketers attended these industry-critical conversations. Upcoming events in the series include the Adweek Hispanic and Latin American Summit on August 27, as well as an event for people with disabilities.
The Adweek D&I Council was also responsible for such initiatives as The Adweek Executive Mentor Program, which includes 250 senior business leaders as mentors and 350 mentees who represent a diverse community of future CMOs. The Executive Mentees have not only been role model apprentices but have been collaborating daily in self-selected task forces to pay forward to knowledge they’ve gained from their mentors and colleagues in the program, such as The Humanity Lab.
Adweek is the leading source of news and insight serving the brand marketing ecosystem. First published in 1979, Adweek's award-winning coverage reaches an engaged audience of more than 6 million professionals across platforms including print, digital, events, podcasts, newsletters, social media and mobile apps. As a touchstone of the advertising and marketing community, Adweek is an unparalleled resource for leaders across multiple industries who rely on its content to help them do their job better.