BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (PRWEB) August 28, 2020
AlabamaCIO announced the winners of its 2020 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. AlabamaCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Leadership, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Large Corporate, Corporate and Public Sector. The Alabama CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards were presented virtually.
“The AlabamaCIO ORBIE winners demonstrate the value great leadership creates. Especially in these uncertain times, CIOs are leading in unprecedented ways and enabling the largest work-from-home experiment in history,” according to Tamara Lopata, Executive Director of AlabamaCIO. “The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers - CIOs who understand how difficult this job is and why great leadership matters.”
The 2020 Alabama CIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners are:
- Michelle McKenna, CIO, National Football League, received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- John Fallis, VP & CIO, Drummond Company, Inc., received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Amala Duggirala, Enterprise Chief Operations & Technology Officer, Regions Bank, received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $1.5 billion annual revenue.
- Mike Rowell, SVP & CIO, Alfa Mutual Insurance, received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $500 million annual revenue.
- Jamey Taylor, CTO, StateServ-Hospicelink, received the Large Corporate ORBIE for organizations over $225 million annual revenue.
- Michael Northrup, SVP & CIO, America’s First Federal Credit Union, received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $225 million annual revenue.
- Patrick McLendon, CTO, City of Birmingham, Alabama, received the Public Sector ORBIE for government & education organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 1,000 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 250 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by Becky Blalock, Former SVP & CIO of Southern Company. Nearly 300 guests attended, representing leading Alabama organizations and their technology partners.
The 2020 Alabama CIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Veristor, Alloy Digital, Google Cloud & AIC
- Gold sponsors: Layer3 Communications & Enertia Software
- Silver sponsors: SLK America, CenturyLink, ServiceNow, Insight, C Spire, EAG Services, CGI & PwC
- Bronze sponsors: Doozer Software, City of Hoover, Cumberland Group, Vaco, Microsoft/ACTS, EY, Dell Technologies, AHEAD, Splunk, ITAC, Pure Storage, The Solutions Team, Xerox Corporation, Agilsys, Protiviti, Bahwan CyberTek, CDW, IBM, HST Pathways & Between Pixels
- Media partner: The Birmingham Business Journal
AlabamaCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Alabama chief information officers. AlabamaCIO is one of 17 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
AlabamaCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.
Achieve your leadership potential through AlabamaCIO: http://www.alabamacio.org.
Stay connected with AlabamaCIO at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/alabamacio.