New York, New York (PRWEB) February 28, 2015 -- Lime Connect (Lime) and its corporate partners PepsiCo, IBM, Google, Target, Goldman Sachs, Bloomberg and JP Morgan are pleased to announce The 2015 Lime Connect Fellowship Program for Students with Disabilities. Lime Connect is rebranding disability through achievement via its “fresh approach” in the disability talent space, and the premier Fellowship Program attracts highly accomplished students with disabilities, prepares them for the recruitment process, and connects them with the world’s leading corporations for potential summer internships. This yearlong program includes educational workshops, leadership/skill building, interview preparation, coaching and multiple opportunities to connect with partner companies via The Leadership & Development Symposium and more. Fellows are also part of the lifelong Lime Fellows Network.
“I have learned and grown so much from the fellowship program and internship recruiting process… I have realized that I love leading and working with people... I have come to view myself in a totally new light, something that has been influenced heavily by my experiences with Lime Connect, the Fellowship and my awesome internship at Bloomberg.” - 2013 Lime Fellow, Brown University
Lime Connect Fellow Benefits:
• Participation in an all-expense paid Leadership & Development Symposium in NYC
• Connect with Lime Connect’s partner companies via the symposium, networking events, career workshops & more for potential summer internships
• Ongoing professional development & coaching for internship and career success
• Lifelong benefits of The Lime Connect Fellows Network
• A current sophomore/rising junior at a four-year university in the United States
• Continuing studies as a full-time student for the 2015-2016 academic year
• Eligible to work in the United States
• A person with a (visible or invisible) disability.* (See definition below.)
• If selected, candidates will attend the following all-expense paid events in New York City:
• May 28 or 29, 2015 – Lime Connect Fellows Selection “Super Day” (all finalists)
• July 29 - August 2, 2015 – Lime Connect Fellows Leadership & Development Symposium
Join us for the following virtual information sessions (register at http://www.limeconnect.com):
• Wednesday, March 4th at 12:30 pm EST
• Sunday, March 22nd at 8:00pm EST
How to Apply:
Candidates apply online via The Lime Network, and provide the following:
• Contact and education information
• Current resume
• Answers to essay questions
• One letter of recommendation from a professor, advisor or supervisor (required for semi-finalists - due later)
To register for The Lime Network and apply:
Go to http://www.limeconnect.com
Application Deadline: Midnight EST on Sunday, April 5, 2015 (semi-finalists will submit letters of reference at a later date)
The Lime Network is designed as an exclusive resource for high potential university students, and alumni, who happen to have disabilities. It is Lime Connect’s broader, virtual program that prepares and connects candidates for career success regardless of their geographic location. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to register and learn of all Lime Connect opportunities, including scholarships, recruitment receptions, internship and full time career opportunities, professional development webinars and more.
*A person with a disability is defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more activities that others may consider to be a daily function. This definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About Lime Connect:
Lime Connect is a not for profit organization that is rebranding disability through achievement and is the premier resource for top talent in the disability space by attracting, preparing and connecting highly accomplished individuals with disabilities for careers with the world’s leading corporations. Our goal is to break stereotypes and lead all companies to realize the importance, and value, of employing people with disabilities at every level of education, talent and ability.
Susan Lang, Lime Connect, http://www.limeconnect.com, +1 (212) 521-4469, [email protected]