Providing additional education opportunities in the United States, Australia, and around the world will help improve the appraisal and assessment industry,” said IAAO Executive Director Ron Worth.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (PRWEB) August 27, 2019
The Australian Property Institute (API), and the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO), are pleased to announce that they have entered into a formal partnership to promote and improve the appraisal and assessment industry through additional professional development opportunities and advocacy of the role the industry plays.
API CEO Amelia Hodge said the partnership has the shared vision of advocating for the industry and advancing the standards and education of the profession.
“We believe this work will ultimately have the highly desirable effect of improving the valuations and Property industry in Australia and around the world,” she said.
Ron Worth, Executive Director of the IAAO, said, “We believe that our efforts can be magnified through cooperation and coordination and are very much looking forward to collaborating with the API. Providing additional education opportunities in the United States, Australia, and around the world will help improve the appraisal and assessment industry.”
The partnership agreement outlines the following key objectives:
1. Support and provide continuing education for professionals in the industry
2. Support and develop jointly, professional development materials and programs at national/international conferences or with chapters, if feasible, in the future
3. Encourage institutions of higher education, the local government agencies and the public to promote the profession of assessment and appraisal
4. Help young professionals in the assessment and appraisal profession to recognize the value of joining and participating in their associations and professional societies
5. Invite each other to designate a representative to serve on their appropriate committees or task forces responsible for promoting professional development
Earlier this year the API and IAAO jointly presented an International Research Symposium in Melbourne, offering an exploration of the intersection of public policy and mass appraisal standards, guidance, and implementation challenges. IAAO and API are reviewing offering a symposium again in 2021.
About the Australian Property Institute (API)
The Australian Property Institute is the leading and contemporary membership organisation for property professionals that develops and supports our members to advise the community and business. Members of the Australian Property Institute are impartial, objective and independent. Like our members, the Institute is also impartial, objective and independent.
About the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO)
IAAO is a nonprofit, educational, and research association. It is a professional membership organization of government assessment officials and others interested in the administration of the property tax. IAAO was founded in 1934, and now has a membership of more than 8,000 members worldwide from governmental, business, and academic communities.