We are proud to officially announce the outstanding selection of foods and other products available at Arden, and their forward-thinking vendors, all of which help to further our goal of putting the well-being of residents and the environment first.
PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. (PRWEB) October 03, 2019
Arden, South Florida’s first master-planned “Agrihood,” officially announced a host of top Florida made, locally sourced products today that are featured by the innovative and award-winning community. Specifically, when it comes to any product offered for purchase at The General Store and Lakehouse Wi-Fi Café at Arden, a preference is given to local organic, humane and Certified Naturally Grown producers, makers and vendors. Developed by industry leader Freehold Communities, Arden also continues to set the standard for health and wellness-focused amenities with its extraordinary central farm and stunning red barn.
Residents of Arden not only share in the harvest of farm-fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs grown year-round, but they often take advantage of the variety of healthy “Made in Florida” local products that are also chosen for their ability to limit environmental impact. In addition to maintaining the expansive farm, Arden’s two full-time farm directors help spearhead the careful selection of these products.
“Arden has an award-winning reputation for healthy and sustainable living that includes providing only the highest quality of locally grown and produced products to our residents,” said Andrew Smith, Division President of Freehold Communities. “We are proud to officially announce the outstanding selection of foods and other products available at Arden, and their forward-thinking vendors, all of which help to further our goal of putting the well-being of residents and the environment first.”
Here is just a sample of the unique vendors, and their locally grown and produced products, whose items are available for purchase at Arden’s General Store and Lakehouse Wi-Fi Café:
- Aioli Restaurant and Catering: Aioli specializes in casual, locally grown and produced “gourmet to-go” with savory and flavorful sandwiches, soups, salads, sides and dinners. Chef Michael Hackman, a fixture on the Palm Beach culinary scene for almost 16 years, forged his own territory and opened Aioli in West Palm Beach in 2014. Arden’s residents can also take advantage of Aioli’s pre-order “bread shares.” Aioli’s popular gourmet to-go items are available for resident purchase daily at the Lakehouse.
- Avenue Pottery: A small, local Palm Beach County business, the artist behind Avenue Pottery is Lani Goodrich. She started her artistic career as an art teacher in South Florida. Each piece is made in her backyard pottery studio, built by her husband, and not in a factory. Then, every piece is glazed by hand, dipped and fired again to a temperature that transforms it into stoneware. A slightly more durable form of pottery, stoneware stands up better to everyday use.
- Florida Olive Farms: Family owned and operated, Florida Olive Farms installed Florida’s first olive mill in 2014 and milled the state’s first extra virgin olive oil in 2015. Their 20,000-tree orchard is located in the Suwanee River Valley of North Central Florida halfway between Jacksonville and Tallahassee. A perfect companion for anyone’s favorite foods and dishes, their superior balsamic vinegar has a rich brown color and slightly woody bouquet.
- Holman’s Harvest: Providing “egg shares” for Arden residents from their organically fed, happy, frolicking hens, Marty and Liza of Holman’s Harvest run their 15-acre family farm in Loxahatchee Groves. Committed to farming organically, they provide people with good, quality, healthy food with the taste that mother nature intended while leveraging the natural components already given to us.
- McCoy’s Sunny South Apiaries: The McCoy family has been keeping bees and producing honey since 1943. At McCoy’s Sunny South Apiaries in Loxahatchee, they package their honey using minimum processing to maintain the flavor and quality of the honey that loyal customers have come to count on. They bring 100% pure, raw, natural honey direct form the bees. They are the real McCoy!
- Pop Fusions: Pop Fusions believes in creating a personal relationship with its farmers and making delicious frozen pops from 100% fresh real fruit. They are dedicated to ensuring the shortest possible time from being picked from the farm to being procured and flash frozen into one of their pops. All of Pop Fusions’ pop flavors are based on whether or not the fruit is in season. Ingredients are bought locally, have no artificial sweeteners or flavoring, and serve a health-conscious market by being gluten, dairy, nut and soy free.
- Pumphouse Coffee Roasters: The team at Pumphouse Coffee Roasters firmly believes that everyone should have access to exceptional coffee. They roast to order in small batches. No cutting corners, so each cup can be thoroughly enjoyed. Pumphouse Coffee Roasters’ hands-on roasting process begins with extraordinary green coffee beans from exceptional locations. They only choose high quality beans and employ their own special techniques to develop the coffee’s flavor, sweetness and body.
- Stubbees: A small batch, handcrafted and hive inspired goods shop, Stubbees started in St. Augustine with a boy and two hives. At Stubbees they believe, as a business that relies on the resources of a living creature, they must do their part to protect pollinators and ensure that honeybees are here to stay. They only use raw honey that is produced right here in the U.S. and only from hives located at nature preserves and farms that are free of pesticides.
- Tribe Apothecary: The family behind Tribe Apothecary understands the need for protecting the skin from overexposure to the sun. But they also believe that the toxic chemicals found in conventional sunscreens probably cause more harm than protection. All of their Conscious SunCare and Herbal Remedies boast a natural, mostly organic ingredients list, with formulas handcrafted in small batches, free of anything synthetic, petroleum-based or genetically modified.
- Wainwright Dairy: Wainwright Dairy in Live Oak is truly a family operation from the dairy to the cheese making and bottling to designing the pictures on their delivery truck and labels. Using fresh milk, the Wainwrights make cheese twice weekly. Their all-natural cheese is a complementary business addition to Wainwright Dairy as the demand for wholesome, natural foods continues to rise with Americans becoming more concerned about their health and food additives.
- Yaupon Brothers: Offering wild and organically grown Florida teas, Yaupon Brothers’ eco tubes contain 16 natural fiber yaupon tea sachets. Co-founders Bryon and Kyle White reintroduced the Yaupon Holly into commerce. Made from Yaupon, North America’s only richly caffeinated plant, their teas are delicious, healthy, stimulating and packed full of healthy antioxidants. Yaupon Brothers Teas are grown in Central Florida and proudly certified 100% USDA Organic.
Importantly, Arden was recently honored with the prestigious “Master-Planned Community of the Year” award at the Southeast Building Conference’s (SEBC) 40th Annual Aurora Awards, a premier design competition that recognizes the region’s finest residential and commercial industry companies.
Arden offers the finest in Florida living with nearly every homesite backing up to a park, greenway or nature trail. Located in the heart of beautiful Palm Beach County, FL, Arden is close to top rated schools, major thoroughfares, including Florida’s Turnpike and I-95, and world-class restaurants, shopping and entertainment venues.
For more information, please visit http://www.ArdenFL.com or call (561) 461-5501.
Master-planned by the visionary development team of Freehold Communities, Arden was brought to life by an impressive collection of top-quality homebuilders, including Ryan Homes, Lennar, and Kenco Communities. Located at 660 Arden Lake Way, Wellington, FL 33470, Arden is just minutes from A-rated schools, top hospitals, five-star restaurants, and the state’s leading equestrian sports venues. To learn more about Arden’s award-winning community, homes, and amenities, visit http://www.ArdenFL.com.
About Freehold Communities
Freehold Communities, headquartered in Boston, MA, is currently developing approximately 10,000 residential lots in Texas, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida and California. Freehold creates Vital Communities™ that embrace healthy living, engagement, connectivity, stewardship and distinctive home design. As it evaluates opportunities, the company focuses on the right planning, the right properties and the right partners. Beginning with comprehensive research to gain insight into the unique needs, trends and preferences in the local market, Freehold carefully considers each property to determine how to best maintain its beauty and character to create a Vital Community™ by partnering with quality, creative builders who share Freehold’s philosophy of offering niche solutions and unique, timeless designs.