“November and December event lineups are stacked with impressive shows, and it’s important we all support and celebrate the re-opening of venues across the state,” said Adam Perle, President & CEO of ArtPride NJ.
BURLINGTON, N.J. (PRWEB) November 17, 2021
New Jerseyans itching to get out of the house this holiday season have a plethora of live events to choose from. ArtPride New Jersey, the state’s largest arts service organization, is spotlighting in-person theatre, art exhibits and musical performances throughout the Garden State as part of its Discover Jersey Arts program. The initiative is dedicated to increasing awareness and participation of the arts in New Jersey.
“Following the success of Discover Jersey Arts Month in October, we want to extend the enthusiasm – which we’re seeing from both event attendees and performers – into the holiday season,” said Adam Perle, President & CEO of ArtPride NJ. “November and December event lineups are stacked with impressive shows, and it’s important we all support and celebrate the re-opening of venues across the state.”
In-person happenings taking place this season range from art exhibitions at the PRIME Gallery to theatre productions at Paper Mill Playhouse and Two River Theater. Here is a sampling of upcoming events:
- “The Divine – Art Through The Female Lens,” an exhibition celebrating artist expression through the female lens with a showcase of powerful works by women artists, taking place at the PRIME Gallery in Jersey City Heights through December 31, 2021
- “Sierra of Creation,” an exhibition that features video and installations by contemporary Mongolian artists who are examining the impacts of climate change on people and landscapes, taking place at the William Patterson University Galleries at the Ben Shahn Center for Visual Arts in Wayne through December 3, 2021
- “Absolute Abstraction,” an exhibit that features the artwork of almost 50 artists and embraces non-representational art as a way of expression, taking place at the Studio Montclair Gallery through November 30, 2021
- “August Wilson’s Radio Golf,” the critically acclaimed production that was forced to shut down in its March 2020 run is back and taking place at the Two River Theater in Red Bank from November 6, 2021 to November 21, 2021
- “What Doesn’t Kill You,” written by James Hindman, this play includes a heart attack, an obsession with Cher, and a trip to a concentration camp - so, yes, it’s a comedy - taking place at the New Jersey Repertory Company in Long Branch through November 21, 2021
The full list of Discover Jersey Arts events taking place across the state and information on purchasing tickets is available here.
About Discover Jersey Arts
Discover Jersey Arts is a program of the ArtPride New Jersey Foundation dedicated to increasing the awareness of and participation in the arts statewide. The JerseyArts.com website showcases New Jersey’s creative community with feature stories, videos and podcasts; highlighted events; details on Jersey Arts Membership; and other content. Discover Jersey Arts was cofounded and is supported by funds from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, a partner agency of the National Endowment for the Arts.
About the ArtPride New Jersey Foundation
The ArtPride New Jersey Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that promotes the value of the arts to New Jersey’s quality of life, education and economic vitality through research and a variety of programs and services. For more information about ArtPride, visit ArtPrideNJ.org.