MATERIALS PARK, Ohio (PRWEB) October 18, 2018
ASM International recognized distinguished members for their contributions to materials science on October 16, 2018, at the annual ASM Awards Banquet in Columbus, OH. The Fellows of ASM award was established by ASM in 1969. The award annually honors ASM members for their achievements and contributions to materials for industry, academia, and government. The Fellows of ASM serve as advisors to ASM as technical and professional leaders and help enhance the capability of ASM as a technical community for materials scientists, engineers, and technicians.
Please join ASM International in recognizing and congratulating the following members for this achievement. Please visit our website for more information on the FASM’s and their pictures.
- Mr. Daniel J. Benac, FASM | Senior Principal Engineer, BakerRisk Engineering and Risk Consultants
- Dr. James M. Boileau, FASM | Technical Expert and Group Leader, Ford Motor Company
- Prof. Susmita Bose, FASM | Herman and Brita Lindholm Endowed Chair Professor, Washington State University
- Mr. Michael K. Budinski, FASM | Chief, Materials Laboratory, National Transportation Safety Board
- Prof. Amy J. Clarke, FASM | Associate Professor Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Colorado Schools of Mines
- Dr. Dale A. Gerard, FASM | Senior Manager, Materials Engineering, General Motors
- Mr. Michael C. Halbig, FASM | Materials Research Engineer, NASA Glenn Research Center
- Prof. Robert W. Hyers, FASM | Professor Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Massachusetts
- Mr. William J. Jarosinski, FASM | Associate Director, Materials, Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc.
- Mr. Roger A. Jones, FASM | CEO, Solar Atmospheres Group
- Dr. M. Kamaraj, FASM | Professor Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Prof. Ibrahim Karaman, FASM | Chevron Professor and Head Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Texas A & M University
- Prof. Changhee Lee, FASM | Professor Division of Materials Science and Engineering, Hanyang University
- Dr. Michael R. Mitchell, FASM | President, Mechanics & Materials Consulting, LLC
- Prof. Frank Mücklich, FASM | Director, Materials Engineering Center, Saarland University
- Prof. G. Robert Odette, FASM | Distinguished Professor Mechanical Engineering, University of California Santa Barbara
- Prof. Eugene A. Olevsky, FASM | Dean and Distinguished Professor College of Engineering, San Diego State University
- Mr. Udayan Pathak, FASM | Deputy General Manager Engineering Research Centre, Tata Motors Limited
- Prof. Mark E. Schlesinger, FASM | Professor of Metallurgical Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Mrs. Beth Matlock Snipes, FASM | Senior Materials Engineer, TEC Materials Testing
- Prof. Katsuyo Thornton, FASM | L.H. and F.E. Van Vlack Professor, University of Michigan
- Prof. Sammy Tin, FASM | Professor of Materials Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Dr. Mark Tschopp, FASM | Regional Lead, ARL Central US Army Research Laboratory
- Dr. Erhan Ulvan, FASM | Manager; Engineering, Field Engineering Services and Laboratories, Acuren Group
- Prof. Christopher M. Wolverton, FASM | Jerome B. Cohen Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern University
- Dr. Dehua Yang, FASM | President, Ebatco
- Dr. Linruo Zhao, FASM | Principal Research Officer, National Research Council of Canada
About ASM International
ASM International connects materials professionals and their organizations to the resources necessary to provide professional development and to improve materials performance. As the world's largest and most established materials information society, ASM engages members through a global network of peers and provides access to trusted materials information through reference content and data, education courses, international events, and applied research.
To learn more about ASM International, visit asminternational.org or call 440.338.5151 to speak with an ASM International representative.