When overarching organizations wield surveillance measures and disguise them as tracking troublesome or dangerous purchases, they are actually initiating the destruction of American rights – the Second Amendment is only the start.
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (PRWEB) November 07, 2022
“Big Brother” is now tracking what they consider to be “troublesome gun purchases.” In mid-September, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) approved the creation of a new merchant code to apply to gun sellers for transactions using credit card networks. Adams Arms President, Jason East, points out the danger in this move. “When overarching organizations wield surveillance measures and disguise them as tracking troublesome or dangerous purchases, they are actually initiating the destruction of American rights – the Second Amendment is only the start,” observes East.
The change was proposed by the global Amalgamated Bank and came just days after members of Congress, attorneys general in California and New York, as well as major pension systems in their states strong-armed Visa, Mastercard, and American Express to help “tackle the gun violence epidemic.” (1)(2) Details indicate that the code will show where an individual spent their money but not what items were purchased.
As president of his Florida firearms company which has been in business for 15 years, he views the action as a way to monitor the legal gun-purchasing activities of as many Americans as possible and limit the channels they have a right to use. “What is next? Should Americans be worried that buying alcoholic drinks at a bar or purchasing liquor at a retailer will trigger an alarm that they are a danger to society?” asked East. Put in perspective, in 2021 there were 611 mass shootings in the U.S., and 103 people died. (3) In the same timespan of 2020-2022 drunk drivers killed more than 10,000 people each year. (4) If the government were to seek abuse and problematic alcohol patterns by tracking the 2021 sales of beer, wine, and liquor which grossed $7,701M, they would be met with mass opposition. (5)
Agreeing with the observations of a popular firearms blog, (6) even in the smokescreen the new merchant coding unearths a number of logistical problems, according to East.
- Codes track expenditures but not itemized by product: how will that work at large multi-sport retailers such as Bass Pro Shops versus a small dealer?
- Who will scrutinize the algorithmic results? And who will have the manpower to police the results?
- Most firearms purchases are completely legal, and buyers will likely distrust the financial system, moving to strictly cash purchases or spread purchases over a number of cards and gift cards tied only to a single store.
- Keep in mind that those intent on purchasing for illegal purposes may follow the same tactics. As is the case with most measures aimed at curtailing anything, the bad guys always figure out a way around it.
For years Adams Arms has been a trusted source of high-quality, reliable firearms for the U.S. military and law enforcement in addition to sports enthusiasts. Adams Arms has offered a patented Piston-Driven system that is cleaner, cooler, and more reliable for use. “Our AR-15 piston system, historically a favorite of law enforcement, is seen for its technical merit and reliability. In addition, Adams Arms has developed a backpack with folding AR-15 stock customized for School Resource Officers in protection of children in America’s schools. In short, Adams Arms is there when it counts the most, which helps all users feel safe and in control,” remarks East.
A deeply concerned East comments, “all Americans ─ not just legal firearms owners ─ should think carefully about how much control you want the government to have over your rights as a citizen. Make your voice heard when you vote. Financial strangulation will eventually pull the rug out from under everyone’s feet.”
About Adams Arms
In a changing nation where the fastest growing markets of first-time gun owners are millennials, women and people of color, the old public impression of gun owners has faded. Skill proficiency, adventure and empowerment are spearheading the sharp demand for firearms and ammunition, while personal and home defense continues to be a driving force. Adams Arms, headquartered in Brooksville, Florida, is the face of reliable, clean, and cooler AR15 firearms operation with its patented piston drive action—favorites of gun enthusiasts across the country. Known for their years of parts experience and their engineering and design prowess, their Retro-Fit system can be installed by owners or piston-action arms can be purchased new. Adams Arms’ proprietary PVD and Melonite® process and their lifetime warranty make their lineup of products dependable for years to come. Adams Arms are there when it counts the most. Visit https://adamsarms.net/
1) Mullen, Caitlin. “Gun Merchant Code Approved for Card Purchases”, Payments Dive, 09 September 2022, paymentsdive.com/news/gun-merchant-code-approved-for-card-purchases-payments/631557/.
2) Staff Writer. “Payments Giants to Apply New Code Identifying Sales at U.S. Gun Stores”, CNBC, 11 September 2022, cnbc.com/2022/09/11/payments-giants-to-apply-new-code-identifying-sales-at-us-gun-stores.html.
3) Barr, Luke. “50% Jump in Active Shooter Incidents from 2020-2021: FBI”, ABC News, 23 May 2022, abcnews.go.com/Politics/50-jump-active-shooter-incidents-2020-2021-fbi/story?id=84910934
4) Rivelli, Elizabeth. “2022 Drunk Driving Statistics”, Bankrate, 26 May 2022, bankrate.com/insurance/car/drunk-driving/.
5) Conway, Jan. “Beer, Wine and Liquor Store Monthly Sales in the US From 2017-2021”, Statista, 06 May 2022, statista.com/statistics/805026/beer-wine-and-liquor-store-sales-us-by-month/.
6) Zimmerman, Dan. “Major Credit Card Processors Agree to Use New Gun Store Transaction Code to Track Purchases”, The Truth About Guns, 11 September 2022, thetruthaboutguns.com/major-credit-card-processors-agree-to-use-new-gun-store-transaction-code-to-track-purchases/#.