This educational day with Dell Med highlights the blockchain innovation and thought leadership of the Austin ecosystem. Both academic research and industry insights and case studies to be presented," states Pete Harris, Executive Director of the Austin Blockchain Collective.
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) December 12, 2019
In a unique collaboration between industry and academia, the Austin Blockchain Collective is working with Dell Medical School at the University of Texas to host the Blockchain and Digital Transformation in Health 2020 Symposium on February 26, 2020. The educational event follows the formation earlier this year of the collective’s Healthcare Working Group, which comprises local healthcare-oriented blockchain technology innovators and Dell Med.
“The Austin Blockchain Collective has a mission to promote the City of Austin's credentials as a recognized global center of business, innovation and thought leadership in the blockchain technology space,” notes Pete Harris, Executive Director of the Austin Blockchain Collective. “Hosting this educational day with Dell Med is an example of that leadership in action addressing issues that are critical to the health and wellness of patients and the broader population.”
The faculty for the symposium’s educational program is currently being assembled. Academic presentations from UT’s Dell Medical School, McCombs School of Business and its Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering have already been accepted and a call for further abstracts from academia is currently open.
Industry thought leaders representing Amchart, Bloqcube, City of Austin, ConsenSys Health, Encrypgen, HASA and Rymedi are also confirmed for the program. Further faculty members from academia and industry, including keynotes, will be announced in January 2020.
A number of application and technology topics will be covered during the day, which will comprise keynote presentations and plenary panels, as well as specialist breakout sessions. Topics likely to be covered include:
- Integration and sharing of electronic health/medical records
- Patient healthcare, genomic and biomedical information management, privacy, ownership and monetization
- Out-patient engagement, medication and care management
- Clinical study and trial management, and reporting
- Pharmaceutical supply chain management and counterfeit drug detection
- Provider discovery, management and credentialing
- Biomedical, life sciences research and drug development
- Benefits management and payments
- Legal, policy and regulatory issues
- Blockchain platform selection and integration for healthcare projects
- Tokenization approaches to delivering healthcare applications and services
- Using blockchain to underpin and protect patient identity
- Governance for blockchain consortia in healthcare and HIPAA compliance
- Managing, leveraging, protecting and sharing big data assets
- Deploying responsible artificial intelligence applications in healthcare
- Medical device data management and security
More than 150 healthcare industry and technology professionals are expected to attend. The symposium is especially targeted at those working in the following roles:
- Clinicians, providers and researchers with an interest in digital health and technology
- Digital health specialists looking to keep abreast of technology trends
- Data scientists and medical statisticians that want to leverage these new tools
- Payers and administrators seeking to take advantage of these technologies
- Blockchain, IT, AI and medical device innovators that wish to engage with medical practitioners and healthcare professionals
The venue for the Blockchain and Digital Transformation in Health 2020 Symposium is M2M Element, a recently opened medical and life sciences innovation center.
About the Austin Blockchain Collective
The Austin Blockchain Collective has a mission to establish Austin, TX as a recognized global center of business, innovation and thought leadership in the blockchain technology space. The Collective provides education, advice and guidance on blockchain and crypto technologies, and advocates for, showcases and nurtures local blockchain and crypto vendors and users. It connects and promotes these ecosystem participants and encourages accelerated adoption of these transformative technologies. Visit http://www.austinblockchaincollective.com to learn more.
About Dell Medical School
Dell Medical School is rethinking the role of academic medicine in improving health with a unique focus on community. More information is available at https://dellmed.utexas.edu.