DOVER, N.H. (PRWEB) September 01, 2020
Doug MacGregor is an avid sports fan, hiker, golfer, and successful youth coach who has led over forty different baseball, soccer, basketball, and flag football teams, helped host tournaments, umpired, refereed, and been involved in all aspects of town, travel, and all-star sports in New Hampshire, where he lives with his wife and their four boys. He has published his new book “The Youth Sports Coaching Guide” an invaluable resource for active and aspiring youth coaches alike.
“The Youth Sports Coaching Guide” contains the advice every coach wishes they had been given when they first started. Written by a father of four with coaching experience spanning three decades, the book reads like a down-to-earth conversation with someone who has been in the youth sports coaching trenches. The book covers every aspect of navigating the twenty-first century youth sports coaching arena.
The book travels from the logistics of team selection and practice itineraries to the interpersonal complexities of working with players, parents, other coaches and officials. The book challenges coaches to look at their own motivations and relationships and to have awareness of their actions and words.
“The Youth Sports Coaching Guide” is divided into six sections:
- Coaching Essentials: Eight guiding principles every coach needs to know to lead a team with integrity, hard work and fun.
- Building the Team: Strategies and tips for choosing assistants, drafting players, running tryouts, the hard decisions of selecting players and the tough discussions that follow.
- Practices: Designing and running practices with an emphasis on how to teach and speak to children.
- Parents: Communication advice from the mundane to the ultra-sensitive. Includes a special section for coaches for when youth sports goes off the rails of the Crazy Train.
- Games: Real-life examples on how to prepare for games and to coach in the heat of the moment, win or lose.
- Wrapping up the Season: Describes different ways to cap off the season on a positive and fun note.
Whether you are a new coach or someone who has been at it for years, “The Youth Sports Coaching Guide” is sure to inspire and drive you to have a more positive experience coaching the kids.
Published by Page Publishing, Doug MacGregor’s engrossing book is a must-read for anyone interested in coaching, mentoring, or managing young athletes at any level.
Readers who wish to experience this engaging work can purchase “The Youth Sports Coaching Guide” at bookstores everywhere, or online at the Apple iTunes store, Amazon, Google Play, or Barnes and Noble.
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Page Publishing at 866-315-2708.
About Page Publishing:
Page Publishing is a traditional, full-service publishing house that handles all the intricacies involved in publishing its authors’ books, including distribution in the world’s largest retail outlets and royalty generation. Page Publishing knows that authors need to be free to create - not mired in logistics like eBook conversion, establishing wholesale accounts, insurance, shipping, taxes, and so on. Page’s accomplished writers and publishing professionals allow authors to leave behind these complex and time-consuming issues to focus on their passion: writing and creating. Learn more at http://www.pagepublishing.com.