NEW YORK (PRWEB) September 22, 2021
Van Devender, a well-traveled father, grandfather, and leader of two charitable organizations that provide both humanitarian aid and spiritual encouragement to a wide variety of people, primarily in East Africa, currently residing in Louisiana with Betty, his wife of forty-six years, has completed his new book “Twenty-One Excursions to the Edge of Chaos and Love”: a thought-provoking work probing the intersection of modern life and the deeply human yearning for salvation.
The author writes, “‘Excursions’ is a collection of twenty-one short stories whose characters’ life journeys will lead them to the edge of chaos—the place where permanent transformation occurs—and where love is often found. Join me as we…
- Risk everything on a wilderness search for The Box and the precious treasure within;
- Share the perplexing trials of an exotic young man on a mission to dispense mercy;
- Witness the outcome of villagers offering their worship to a misshapen stone;
- Follow the desperate attempts of an oppressed minority to flee their dying planet;
- Sit with the Senior Director of Human Resources as he interviews a peculiar applicant for the position of Corporate Messiah;
- Hear the unspoken fears of an equities broker facing the collapse of the financial markets;
- Dine at the country club with two business associates proposing very different plans;
- Enter the death row cell of an inmate on the night of his execution;
- Eavesdrop on the conversation between two chronically ill people—one old, one young;
- Sit with a fan whose team has finally made it to the NCAA football championship game;
- Take a once-in-eternity chance at winning The Prize;
- Watch firemen desperately battle a pre-dawn fire in a block of row houses;
- Join two frustrated trash men stalled at a blocked railroad crossing while their load of garbage bakes in the summer sun;
- Take a pre-dawn ride with two men engaged in true religion;
- Share brunch with a Broadway star trying to woo a reluctant agent to her cause;
- Discover the fate of a harassed and ailing pornography distributor;
- Go fishing on an autumn evening with a small-town boy and his special little sister;
- Learn the life-and-death decision of a grieving widow;
- Stand in line behind Willie Gene Johnson as the bank refuses to validate his parking ticket;
- Get behind the mic with a talk radio host trying to boost ratings with edgy topics; and
- Rock along with an elderly couple whose mailbox has disappeared in the high grass of their uncut lawn.
As our characters speak and act, I hope you’ll see how decisions made on the edge of chaos may define your soul and shape your destiny.”
Published by Page Publishing, Van Devender’s engrossing book is an fascinating collection of human stories exploring twenty-one deeply human journeys toward salvation and faith.
Readers who wish to experience this engaging work can purchase “Twenty-One Excursions to the Edge of Chaos and Love” at bookstores everywhere, or online at the Apple iTunes Store, Amazon, Google Play, or Barnes and Noble.
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Page Publishing at 866-315-2708.
About Page Publishing:
Page Publishing is a traditional, full-service publishing house that handles all the intricacies involved in publishing its authors’ books, including distribution in the world’s largest retail outlets and royalty generation. Page Publishing understands that authors should be free to create, not mired in logistics like eBook conversion, establishing wholesale accounts, insurance, shipping, taxes, and so on. Page’s accomplished writers and publishing professionals allow authors to leave behind these complex and time-consuming issues and focus on their passion: writing and creating. Learn more at http://www.pagepublishing.com.