The pandemic has elevated the criticality of adopting Cloud enabled innovative solutions. Even as IT budgets shrink, share of Cloud spend is growing, and major cloud platform providers are offering more competitive and bundled solutions to steal market share.
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) July 16, 2020
Avasant has unveiled its new market assessment report for cloud platforms. The Cloud Platforms 2020 RadarView™ report recognizes the top nine cloud platform providers that have shown the strongest product maturity, enterprise adaptability, and innovation roadmap.
The report recognizes the top platform providers in four categories:
- Leaders: AWS and Microsoft
- Innovators: Alibaba Cloud and Google
- Disruptors: IBM and Oracle
- Challengers: CenturyLink, DigitalOcean, and Rackspace Technology
Naresh Lachmandas, Principal and Senior Fellow at Avasant, congratulated the winners, noting, “As enterprise demand for collaboration, security, and automation rises under the current pandemic, cloud platform providers continue to enhance their product features to prepare for the new normal. This portfolio augmentation is achieved either through partnering with specialized solution providers or acquiring external capabilities to accelerate time to market.”
Enterprise demand for remote working and a rapid transition to a distributed collaborative work environment and data sharing has led to large investments in cloud platforms, at a never-seen-before pace. Demand has increased for rapid cloud deployment and reduced migration timelines from years to months or even days. Given the recessionary impact on CIOs’ budgets, enterprises are seeking creative financing and outright discounts, along with expedited migrations to enable business continuity.
The RadarView report highlights several trends that are shaping the market:
- Hybrid cloud and multi-cloud IT environments have become the norm in most enterprises. In fact, 80%-90% of Global 2000 enterprises already have a hybrid IT environment, while more than 60% manage more than one cloud.
- COVID-19 has acted as a catalyst for cloud adoption as remote work and collaboration intensifies, with enterprises seeking creative financing and outright discounts, along with expedited cloud migrations to enable business continuity.
- To address this rising demand and to better serve customers, cloud platform providers need to emphasize three key areas: collaboration, security, and automation.
- With the continued rise in multi-cloud and hybrid cloud environments, containerization has become the preferred mode of deployment. Platform providers are also increasing their use of containers and 5G networks for emerging use cases around ultra-low latency and edge computing.
Anupam Govil, Partner and Digital Practice lead, Avasant added, “The pandemic has elevated the criticality of adopting Cloud enabled innovative solutions. Even as IT budgets shrink, share of Cloud spend is growing and major cloud platform providers are offering more competitive and bundled solutions to steal market share. So it is important for CIOs to carefully assess the cloud platforms for features, flexibility, portability and scalability. This pioneering report provides rich insights into the Cloud platform landscape and provides a beacon for making these strategic decisions.”
Download Avasant’s comprehensive 50-page report here.
The report is also available on Computer Economics.
Avasant is a leading management consulting firm focused on translating the power of technology into realizable business strategies for the world’s largest corporations. Specializing in digital and IT transformation, sourcing advisory, global strategy, and governance services, Avasant prides itself on delivering high-value engagements through industry-focused innovation and flexible client-based solutions.
Our seasoned professionals have an average of 20 years of industry-honed expertise, having conducted 1000+ engagements in over 50 countries. Avasant’s next-generation consulting and advisory methods have made it the top-ranked firm in its class, with recognition from numerous organizations, including Vault, NOA, IAOP, and Wall Street Journal.
Avasant’s engagement in the global market has inspired a strong commitment to community and purpose. Avasant Foundation supports technology and skill development programs to create employment opportunities for youth across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America.
For more information, visit https://www.avasant.com.