“Patient Belongings Tracking automates the property collection process to improve the patient experience, help frontline workers be more efficient, and reduce lost property claims.”
BALTIMORE (PRWEB) September 30, 2020
Barcoding, Inc., the leader in supply chain efficiency, accuracy and connectivity — and a platinum partner with Honeywell — today announced the launch of IntelliTrack’s Patient Belongings Tracking, a new mobile solution designed to automate and streamline the collection and release of patient belongings and valuables during intake and discharge.
Through the IntelliTrack Patient Belongings Tracking application, healthcare facilities and hospitals can track the chain of custody of patient belongings to reduce loss and increase patient satisfaction. While hospitals and facilities have existing processes to track patient property, IntelliTrack Patient Belongings Tracking will streamline users’ work by leveraging the mobile devices already in use.
“Healthcare workers are constantly being asked to do more with less,” said Shane Snyder, President of Barcoding, Inc. “Patient Belongings Tracking automates the property collection process to improve the patient experience, help frontline workers be more efficient, and reduce lost property claims.”
- Improves patient satisfaction by limiting the loss of valuables
- Reduces property claims levied by patients
- Supports nurses and frontline workers by easing data entry steps
How it works:
- Barcoding’s system helps the user collect patient property, correlating the patient ID to one or more property barcodes affixed to property bags or to the item itself
- Property is then stored, scanning a barcode to record the exact location
- When it is time to return the property to the patient, the user can easily identify all property and locations to ensure all property is returned to the right patient in a timely manner
- The system will manage all components of the tracking process including date of entry, photos of the items, notes, exceptions, and patient sign-offs
Additionally, Barcoding’s solution:
- Tracks the current location of each property tag within the facility via barcode scanning
- Tracks each employee (user) interaction with each belongings tag
- Captures contents of each belongings tag
- Allows for capturing photos of patient belongings and belongings tags, documenting condition and details of property or property bags
- Documents if a patient is unable or unwilling to sign for property collection
- Provides reports to track the history of a property tag, how long property has been in the possession of the facility, etc.
- Creates an audit trail by capturing an audit log of all changes to the system, including who performed the change and what was changed.
IntelliTrack Patient Belongings Tracking will work within your current environment, but Barcoding can also act as a one-stop shop if hospitals need additional solution components, such as labels or healthcare-ready mobile devices like the Honeywell CT40HC.
For more information on IntelliTrack Patient Belongings Tracking, please visit: http://www.patientbelongings.com.
About Barcoding, Inc.
Barcoding, Inc. (Barcoding) is a supply chain automation and innovation company that helps organizations be more efficient, accurate, and connected. With extensive subject matter expertise in data capture, tracking, and integration, we are trusted to build and manage solutions for some of the best IT and operations teams in the world. Founded in 1998, Barcoding is headquartered in Baltimore, Md., with offices across the country including Seattle, Chicago and Houston. For more information, visit http://www.barcoding.com.