SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) September 27, 2019
The Bay Area CIO Leadership Association (BayAreaCIO) announced the winners of its 2019 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. BayAreaCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Leadership, Super Global, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Large Corporate and Corporate. The Awards were presented at the Bay Area CIO of the Year Awards at the Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square.
“Today’s recognition of these CIO Executives’ ability to innovate and lead their organizations is the cornerstone of the Bay Area CIO Leadership Association’s vision of developing transformative technology leaders who deliver business outcomes that impact their organizations, their industries and our world,” said Lourdes Gipson, Executive Director of BayAreaCIO. “Being selected by their peers is testament to the innovation, leadership and perseverance these individuals have mastered in earning this prestigious recognition.”
The 2019 Bay Area CIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners are:
- Pat Gelsinger, CEO, VMWare, received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Shobhana Ahluwalia, Head of IT Engineering, Uber, received the Super Global ORBIE, for organizations over $8 billion annual revenue & multi-national.
- Sineesh Keshav, CTO & CIO, Prologis, received the Global ORBIE, for organizations over $2 billion annual revenue & multi-national.
- Michael Mathias, EVP, Customer Experience & CIO, Blue Shield of California, received the Large Enterprise ORBIE, for organizations over $2.5 billion annual revenue.
- Wendy M. Pfeiffer, CIO, Nutanix, received the Enterprise ORBIE, for organizations up to $1 billion annual revenue.
- Paul Chapman, CIO, Box, received the Large Corporate ORBIE, for organizations over $500 million annual revenue.
- Eric Johnson, SVP & CIO, SurveyMonkey (Former CIO, Talend), received the Corporate ORBIE, for organizations up to $500 million annual revenue.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 800 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 200 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Size and scope of responsibilities
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by Susan St. Ledger, President of Worldwide Field Operations of Splunk. Nearly 400 guests attended, representing leading Bay Area organizations and their technology partners.
The 2019 Bay Area CIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Trianx & CenturyLink
- Gold sponsors: Milestone, Splunk & Akamai
- Silver sponsors: Zscaler, Workday, Appian, Okta, Rubrik, Tech Mahindra & Workato
- Bronze sponsors: KPMG, SGIC Cloud Technologies, Pyramid Consulting, Dell Technologies, HCL, AISERA, Pure Storage, GlobalLogic, Jade Global & Between Pixels
- National partner: Year Up
- Media partner: The San Francisco Business Times
About the Bay Area CIO Leadership Association
The Bay Area CIO Leadership Association (BayAreaCIO) is the preeminent professional association for Bay Area chief information officers. Our membership is comprised exclusively of CIOs (or equivalent executive roles) from public and private companies, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit organizations.
BayAreaCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board which sets the annual program agenda for the association. Events are facilitated by a full-time Executive Director and professional staff. BayAreaCIO events are CIO-led and attended solely by CIO-level executives.
Achieve your leadership potential through BayAreaCIO: http://www.bayareacio.org
Stay connected with BayAreaCIO: http://linkedin.com/company/bayareacio