SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) October 29, 2020
BayAreaCIO announced the winners of its 2020 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. BayAreaCIO recognized chief information officers in eight key categories – Leadership, Super Global, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Large Corporate, Corporate, and Nonprofit/Public Sector. The Bay Area CIO of the Year Awards were presented virtually.
“The BayAreaCIO ORBIE winners demonstrate the value great leadership creates. Especially in these uncertain times, CIOs are leading in unprecedented ways and enabling the largest work-from-home experiment in history,” according to Lourdes Gipson, Executive Director of BayAreaCIO. “The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers - CIOs who understand how difficult this job is and why great leadership matters.”
The 2020 Bay Area CIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners are:
- Richard Daniels, EVP & CIO (fmr), Kaiser Permanente, received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Sally Gilligan, CIO & Head of Corporate Strategy, Gap Inc. received the Super Global ORBIE for organizations over $5 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Adhir Mattu, VP & CIO, Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $2 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Jacob Sorensen, CIO & EVP, Bank of the West received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $1.5 billion annual revenue.
- Kirsten Wolberg, Chief Technology & Operations Officer, DocuSign received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue.
- Todd Wilson, SVP of IT, Clif Bar & Company, received the Large Corporate ORBIE for organizations over $500 million annual revenue.
- Alvina Antar, CIO, Zuora, received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $500 million annual revenue.
- Rob Lloyd, CIO, City of San Jose, received the Nonprofit/Public Sector ORBIE for government, education & other nonprofit organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 1,200 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 300 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership.
Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by Dr. Tom Leighton, CEO & Co-Founder of Akamai Technologies. Over 250 guests attended virtually, representing leading Bay Area organizations and their technology partners.
The 2020 Bay Area CIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Lumen
- Gold sponsors: Milestone, HCL & Workato
- Silver sponsors: Flexential, VMware, Okta, Akamai, Splunk, Productive, Comcast Business, LeanIX & Palo Alto Networks
- Bronze sponsors: SGIC, FPT, ServiceNow, SADA, Opsani, Dell Technologies, Palmer Consulting Group, Espressive & Between Pixels
- Media partner: San Francisco Business Times
About the BayAreaCIO
BayAreaCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Bay Area chief information officers. BayAreaCIO is one of 17 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
BayAreaCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.