"As specialty coffee consumption increases every year, coffee drinkers are increasingly looking to expand their palates, and even around the holidays, they’re not willing to accept substitutes for their favorite brew or its quality."
SEATTLE (PRWEB) November 27, 2019
One in four U.S. coffee drinkers will snub their family’s caffeine choices this festive season, instead opting to pack their favorite coffee when hitting the road for the holidays, according to new survey findings released today by Bean Box, the leading online artisan coffee service in the U.S.
The Bean Box Holiday Coffee Survey of 1,500 coffee drinkers, which was weighted for the U.S. population over the age of 18, also found that 82% of those celebrating Christmas defer opening gifts under the tree until they have coffee brewed and in hand. Meanwhile, 4 in 5 Americans (77%) choose to skip their neighborhood Starbucks or Dunkin', instead opting to brew at home during the holidays.
While coffee drinkers are happy to brew at home with friends and family, they’re not as willing to share their cup of joe with Ol' Saint Nick, as just over half (51%) of respondents celebrating Christmas say they don’t leave milk or coffee out for Santa. We can only assume this to mean more for themselves!
“The U.S. is a coffee-loving nation, with over 60% of Americans drinking coffee on a regular basis,” said Ryan Fritzky, Co-Founder of Bean Box. “As specialty coffee consumption increases every year, coffee drinkers are increasingly looking to expand their palates, and even around the holidays, they’re not willing to accept substitutes for their favorite brew or its quality. “While people are packing their presents, they’re also stowing their favorite coffee in their carry-ons for holiday travel. Coffee lovers look forward holidays at home, which includes sharing their brew with family and friends.”
Additional highlights from the report include:
- 4 in 5 Americans (77%) choose to skip their neighborhood Starbucks or Dunkin', instead opting to brew at home during the holidays.
- 1 in 4 opt to pack their preferred coffee beans with them to have on hand when traveling for the holidays.
- Almost two fifths (39%) of coffee drinkers say they drink more coffee during the holiday season than at other times of the year, a sign of the frantic toll the holiday season takes on the U.S. population.
- Interestingly, women were considerably more likely (44%) than men (31%) to say their coffee intake goes up over the holiday season.
- Over half of respondents (55%) say they’re more willing to fork out for premium coffee brands during the holiday season than at any other time of the year.
- Peppermint takes the award for most-loved holiday-themed coffee flavor, with 19% saying this is their preferred holiday flavor choice, followed closely by caramel at 18%.
- In fact, a peppermint-flavored jolt is definitely in style with Gen Z and millennials (18-29 year-olds), with 29% preferring it during the holidays.
For holiday gift ideas for the favorite coffee lover in your life visit: https://beanbox.com/coffee-gifts
About Bean Box
Bean Box is the leading online artisan coffee service in the US. Their coffee subscriptions, gifts, and seasonally-fresh coffees deliver better mornings to tens of thousands of coffee lovers nationwide. Find them at beanbox.com and on the Bean Box App for iPhone and Android.