We created Petpuls to give dog owners a holistic view into their dog’s behavior and activity throughout the day. We’re thrilled to start shipping, so US dog owners so they can identify changes in their dog’s behavior and activity and provide proactive, personalized care for their furry best friend.
SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) April 13, 2021
Petpuls Labs announced its official launch and began US shipping today of Petpuls, the AI-powered dog collar that tracks and analyzes a dog’s bark to determine five different emotional states - happy, anxious, angry, sad or relaxed. Developed to give dog owners greater insight into their dog’s emotional and physical well-being, the Petpuls smart collar has garnered significant attention since its debut at the 2021 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), where it was named ‘Best of Show’' by multiple global media outlets and honored as a 2021 CES Innovation Award Product Honoree. Available for purchase online directly from Petpuls, the Petpuls smart collar retails for $129, features a small voice recognition device attached to an eco-friendly silicone collar and pairs via Wi-Fi to the accompanying Petpuls iOS or Android app. The Petpuls smart collar is available in two adjustable sizes to fit small and large breed dogs and comes standard with a safety orange colored strap. Additional straps are available for purchase in blue, green, hot pink and turquoise at a cost of $25 each. View a short video of Petpuls on YouTube.
“Many dog owners are unable to be with their dogs all the time. We created Petpuls to give dog owners a holistic view into their dog’s behavior and activity throughout the day,” said Stella Jang, CEO and co-founder of Petpuls Labs. “We spend so much time with our dogs and lavish affection on them that we think we know how they really feel. In reality, we often miss small changes, which can provide substantially more meaning and insight into a dog’s health and well-being when viewed over time. We’re thrilled to start shipping Petpuls to US dog owners so they can identify changes in their dog’s behavior and activity and provide proactive, personalized care for their furry best friend.”
Emotion, Activity and Rest Tracking for Dogs
The Petpuls system utilizes a smart collar and an accompanying iOS or Android smartphone app to detect, track and analyze a dog’s emotional state and its physical well-being in the following ways:
- Emotion Tracker: Powered by AI, Petpuls utilizes proprietary voice recognition technology to detect, track and analyze five different emotional states of a dog - happy, anxious, angry, sad or relaxed - by day, week or month. Petpuls’ AI-enabled voice recognition technology then uses an adaptive algorithm to decipher each dog’s unique bark and assign an emotion to it. The Petpuls database draws from and analyzes more than 10,000 bark samples from 50 breeds of dogs in four different sizes, growing even more accurate over time as it records and accumulates the dog’s ‘voice’ data. Petpuls has an Emotional Recognition Accuracy Rate of more than 80%. (Source: Seoul National University R&D)
- Activity Tracker: The Petpuls smart collar functions as an activity tracker with a built-in accelerometer sensor that calculates the number of calories burned from exercise. Petpuls begins collecting data as soon as the dog wears it, sending data back to the accompanying Petpuls smartphone app. Dog owners can track activity and calories burned by the hour, day, week or month to ensure their dog gets enough exercise to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Rest Tracker: The amount of rest a dog has daily is crucial to its overall health. Dogs typically bark or vocalize for less than an hour per day and rest for an average of 14 hours each day, which is why Petpuls also tracks a dog’s rest time.
Petpuls uses the combination of quantitative emotion, activity and rest data to offer a holistic view of a dog’s health via a general well-being score - happy, anxious, angry, sad or relaxed - to help dog owners better understand and manage their dog’s entire life span.
Petpuls Key Features and Tech Specifications:
- Eco-friendly, silicone-designed dog collar comes in bright safety orange by default; Additional straps available in blue, green, hot pink and turquoise at a cost of $25 each
- Detachable, interchangeable strap allows for different color combinations
- Tri-color backlit LED display optimized for outdoor use, power button, microphone, reset button, and a USB charging portal
- iOS and Android app compatibility: iOS version 11 or higher, Android version 4.1 or higher
- Available in two sizes to fit small and large breed dogs:
○ Small | Length: 16.3” x Height: 1.38” x Depth: 0.70”
○ Large | Length: 30.5" x Height: 1.38” x Depth: 0.70”
- Weight: Just under 1 ounce (25 grams)
- Water-resistant with an IP54 rated enclosure
- Battery life: 8-10 hours on a single, full charge; nightly charging recommended
- Wi-Fi pairing distance: Within approximately 15 feet (5 meters). Smart collar tethers to the owner’s smartphone while outdoors and syncs with the paired app once back on Wi-Fi.
- FCC certified along with KC, ROHS and MSDS Certifications
Petpuls is now in production and shipping to consumers within the lower 48 United States. Visit https://www.petpuls.net to order today or learn more.
About Petpuls Labs
Petpuls is the AI-powered dog collar that gives your dog a ‘voice’. The Petpuls system utilizes a smart collar and an accompanying iOS or Android smartphone app to analyze your dog’s emotional state and its physical well-being — allowing you to better understand and manage your dog’s entire life span. Our patent-pending, AI-enabled voice recognition technology uses a proprietary algorithm combined with a database of more than 10K bark samples from 50 breeds of dogs in four different sizes to detect and determine the five different emotional states of your dog — happy, anxious, angry, sad or relaxed. Founded in 2020 and headquartered in Seoul, with an additional office in Virginia, Petpuls Labs is a privately held company. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn or learn more at https://www.petpuls.net/.
All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.