The newly completed blast room is now able to turn out a completely blasted tank car in just 2.5 hours, start to finish, including manual touch up.
COLUMBUS, Ohio (PRWEB) June 11, 2019
A large North American railcar refurbishment company chose to partner with BlastOne to implement a robotic blasting solution to help improve efficiency while reducing blasting manhours.
BlastOne’s extensive experience in the industry allowed them to curate a custom solution for the facility, which included:
- Blastman B20CX Gantry Mounted Blasting Robot, fitted with two ¾” blast nozzles
- Integrated Man Cabin for controlling/programming the robot while blasting
- Blastroom 90ft long x 25ft high x 25ft wide
- Full under-floor abrasive recovery system
- Dust collection, Abrasive Recycling, Waste disposal solutions
The newly completed blast room is now able to turn out a completely blasted tank car in just 2.5 hours, start to finish, including manual touch up. This rate of refurbish blasting is unparalleled in the industry and can be done with a single operator, who has the flexibility to complete other tasks while the program runs.
The facility expects this enormous production capacity to help position them as the industry leaders in railcar refurbishing.
For more pictures and information please contact the team at BlastOne.