“Our new branding and website build on BCEN’s nearly 40-year history of excellence and commitment to emergency nursing certification and serve as the launch pad for our exciting future,” said BCEN Executive Director Janie Schumaker, MBA, BSN, RN, CEN, CPHQ, CENP, FABC.
OAK BROOK, Ill. (PRWEB) September 27, 2018
The Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN), the benchmark for nursing certification across the emergency spectrum, today debuted a new brand identity and a completely revamped website, now located at https://bcen.org, to better meet the needs of emergency, transport and trauma nurses pursuing board certification and more clearly communicate the value of board certification for nurses, healthcare teams, employers and patients.
The brand refresh includes a new organizational logo, new logos for BCEN’s five specialty board certifications, and BCEN’s first ever tagline, “Excellence. Achievement. Impact.” Together, these elements convey the professional and caregiving excellence, personal satisfaction and career success, and empowerment to impact patient care, safety and outcomes that typify BCEN-certified emergency nurses.
With a fresh look and feel, BCEN’s more user-friendly and visually pleasing website offers certification candidates a more streamlined experience with interactive graphics to guide nurses through every step of the certification process. The new platform enables more intuitive navigation, compatibility across all devices and browsers, increased engagement and social sharing, and a more personalized user experience.
“BCEN’s new branding and website exemplify our commitment to continuously improving how we serve and engage our candidates,” said BCEN Executive Director Janie Schumaker, MBA, BSN, RN, CEN, CPHQ, CENP, FABC, “and more effectively communicate the why behind what we do as we advance the value of board certification through the highest quality professional certifications for emergency nurses.”
Website highlights include:
- Value of Certification Page describes the multiple benefits and impacts of board certification and connects readers with the findings of BCEN’s large-scale value of certification research study and BCEN’s two, new white papers.
- Test Anxiety Tips Page offers a video featuring test anxiety experts, common causes and symptoms of test anxiety, and detailed, interactive tips for reducing anxiety before, during and after taking the exam.
- Interactive Employer Section where emergency department leaders and hospital administrators can calculate the cost savings of participating in BCEN’s new employer exam voucher program and request a marketing toolkit to encourage certification within their organization.
- Expanded News & Events Section houses BCEN news and events, media backgrounders, BCEN publications and a library of inspirational nurse certification success stories.
- New Student Section connects nursing students with BCEN-funded scholarships, practice certification exams, study tips, and in the future, board certification and emergency nursing career mentoring.
- New Storefront offers new items including half zips, tumblers, and polo shirts, lower prices on old favorites, and an overall improved shopping experience.
Over 5,800 web surveys of nurses and nurse leaders and over 500 verbal/visual panel tests, as well as customer behavior studies, focus groups, one-on-one interviews, communication audits, and continuous staff and board input, were part of the nine-month brand and website development effort.
“Our new branding and website build on BCEN’s nearly 40-year history of excellence and commitment to emergency nursing certification and serve as the launch pad for our exciting future,” said Schumaker. “BCEN’s certification logos are the public marks of distinction for certified emergency nurses. The warm, bold and energetic colors and design signify the integrity, quality, compassion, essential expertise and sometimes life-saving work of the exceptional nurses BCEN certifies.”
About the Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing
Founded in 1980, the independent, nonprofit Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN®) develops robust certification exams fostering empowered nurses across the emergency spectrum who contribute noticeably to patient care, safety and outcomes. Nearly 48,500 BCEN certifications are currently held by registered nurses (RNs) who specialize in emergency, flight, critical care ground transport, pediatric emergency and trauma nursing. BCEN offers the Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN®), Certified Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN®), Certified Pediatric Emergency Nurse (CPEN®), Certified Transport Registered Nurse (CTRN®) and the Trauma Certified Registered Nurse (TCRN®) certifications. The CEN, CFRN, and CPEN certifications are accredited by the Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certification (ABSNC), the only accrediting body specifically for nursing certifications. Learn more at bcen.org. Follow BCEN on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Note to Editors: New logo images available on PRWeb.com.